Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded spring/summer 2019 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manure fans will tear him to shreds. First walkabout leading to a goal and he's done. If he was to leave man city would be ideal for him, sadly that's not the beef.

our owners are richer than United's and its not that close, United make more money than we do though
United make far more money than we do, and whilst we’re going good guns, we’re not in a position to spend 75m on a striker nor are we in a position to suddenly start paying 200k a week like Rashford is on.
Our Cashflow is nowhere near United’s.

If he is daft enough to go to this current iteration of United, especially given the project he’s currently part of and the success he’s seen personally, then we are best off shifting him.

If it’s a money issue, I’m sure a pay raise is well within reason. To go to United for footballing reasons is just wrongheaded.

And yes, he will make a mistake, and yes, the fans will absolutely butcher him.

He goes there, they eventually get a proper manager, he doesn’t fit the ‘philosophy’, they’ve spunked the best part of £100million in fees and wages on someone who who is very decent but largely gets by on being English and having an odd playing style.

We’ll finish above them either way next season so I’m not losing any sleep over it. I don’t think Man City ever actually wanted him, they’ve just driven Man Utd to overspend just like with Sanchez.

I notice Fergie has said he wants them to break the bank for him. Fine by me, if he wants to leave and they're prepared to pay the big bucks. Just ****ing sort it quick style so we can have a go at getting Tarkowski or Ake in to replace before the window shuts.

If he wants to move on, I have no qualms with that at all. He has never played Champions League football and although he has several years left in him, he’s no spring chicken any more.

But get him gone quick and get Ake or Dunk in sharpish.

I may really regret saying this but I think he is still not the best 'defender'. I think going to United could expose him with the greater scrutiny. If we can get 80 million and invest in a good replacement for half the price, it might be a good deal?

I may really regret saying this but I think he is still not the best 'defender'. I think going to United could expose him with the greater scrutiny. If we can get 80 million and invest in a good replacement for half the price, it might be a good deal?

He's not even our best defender. Top 4 at the club I reckon. If we get close to our valuation and can get someone like Ake then it's brilliant business.

⏱ The long wait before the last details between the clubs and paperwork are completed, official announcement and that sort of things for a club record signing... #lcfc https://t.co/BbYdWsKPSk

it'll never happen, I'll state that clearly before I say this but...

If Top really wants to make a statement signing then Barca want to sell Coutinho and he would be an amazing signing for us

that said I'm sure we were linked with 1 of the Ajax wingers not so long ago?

We should sign Messi and Ronaldo.

If Top really wants to make a statement signing then Barca want to sell Coutinho and he would be an amazing signing for us

that said I'm sure we were linked with 1 of the Ajax wingers not so long ago?
Yeah that totally makes sense, I mean we’ve got more money than Man Utd so why not?

Yeah that totally makes sense, I mean we’ve got more money than Man Utd so why not?
Our owners are richer than United's so yes we do, as club we make less money but if the owners wanted to they could spend more. And if they really wanted to make a statement they could not only refuse to sell Maguire what ever the offer and buy Coutinho

We should sign Messi and Ronaldo.
didn't realise Juventus and Barca were actively trying to sell those 2

Holy Jebus

When does this window shut - there’s only so much wibble you can take before going completely bonkers
if we are really going for the top 4/6 then at some point we will need to buy truly world class talent to compete with those sides, not someone who is 5 years past their prime or players before they reach their prime but also players in their prime that are at the top of the game and are real difference makers that's the point I was making

if we are really going for the top 4/6 then at some point we will need to buy truly world class talent to compete with those sides, not someone who is 5 years past their prime or players before they reach their prime but also players in their prime that are at the top of the game and are real difference makers that's the point I was making

We didn’t buy a single player like that when we won it three years ago.

And please don’t replay the tired narrative of that being a freak thing, everyone else was shit, that could never happen again ever, blah blah blah

It’s utter nonsense , as is the thought that we could ever buy Coutinho

It’s complete bollocks. Please stop spouting it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861