Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded spring/summer 2019 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 years ago was a ****ing miracle so stop using it as a judgement of anything other than 1 fantastic season.

Oh and we did sign a world class player that season, just no one knew it at the time ,N'Golo Kante, we also had Vardy and Mahrez at their absolute peak, a level neither of them have or will reach again. And neither will the likes of Kasper.

You either go for it or accept that every year our best player will be in all likely hood sold off

We didn’t buy a single player like that when we won it three years ago.

And please don’t replay the tired narrative of that being a freak thing, everyone else was shit, that could never happen again ever, blah blah blah

It’s utter nonsense , as is the thought that we could ever buy Coutinho

It’s complete bollocks. Please stop spouting it

In all fairness he's welcome to spout whatever he wants, it's a forum for people's views.

Disagree with him as much as you want but he's as welcome to his thoughts as much as you are to your put downs

It doesn't matter how much we can pay for players. Top players want to play for top teams. They won't sign for us when they could go to Manchester City or Liverpool instead.
The best way for a club like ours to become a top team is by gradually improving, and buying players with the potential to play at a higher level level.

When Manchester City first started to spend stupid money, they couldn't immediately sign world class players. They bought players like Wayne Bridge and Craig Bellamy.

Our tactic appears to be as Jeff states. To clarify:

1) We buy potential at today’s bargain proces (£10-20m).

2) keep him and build him within the team and hopefully climb the table.

3) 2-4 years down the line sell said player for £50-£90 million.

4) Re invest again but increase your spend per player by ~£10 million.

5) Arrive qt top six and continue but buy a marquee player at £40-£50 million.

6) repeat and increase.

Our tactic appears to be as Jeff states. To clarify:

1) We buy potential at today’s bargain proces (£10-20m).

2) keep him and build him within the team and hopefully climb the table.

3) 2-4 years down the line sell said player for £50-£90 million.

4) Re invest again but increase your spend per player by ~£10 million.

5) Arrive qt top six and continue but buy a marquee player at £40-£50 million.

6) repeat and increase.

Pretty much this.

We aren't a top team so we won't attract top players.

Tielemans has something to probe after a poor time at Monaco, hence our ability to buy.

The other thing is that we don't necessarily need big time Charlies in the dressing room, a reason as to why any player that genuinely thinks a move to Utd would be a big upstep should be moved on, but in the correct way.

Why was Tielemans so poor at Monaco? Was it his attitude? Was it just the wrong club or something?

Because he is actually shit and we are wasting £40 million quid.
Yup, they're killing themselves laughing in the Monaco boardrooms. They know we'll pay whatever and they're having a hoot asking for signed photos of Rachel Riley, back issues of Viz, tins of backed beans... anything they can think of just because, well, they can innit?

The deal won't be done until they get bored.

We are not on the same level financially as Manchester United. Don’t be daft.
I think we are
Yeah that totally makes sense, I mean we’ve got more money than Man Utd so why not?
I thought the glaziers were in debt and were using Man Utd Plc as a means to service huge loans? There is no question that Man Utd as a brand are absolutely massive however I do think if our chairman wanted to get his check book out he could compete with the vast majority of the current top 6.

I think we are

I thought the glaziers were in debt and were using Man Utd Plc as a means to service huge loans? There is no question that Man Utd as a brand are absolutely massive however I do think if our chairman wanted to get his check book out he could compete with the vast majority of the current top 6.

Think you're forgetting FFP.

No way can we match the funds available to the likes of Man Utd.

Think you're forgetting FFP.

No way can we match the funds available to the likes of Man Utd.
the short term rules, which were the most pressing have been scrapped now, you are judged over a 3 year period, so owners can invert what they like so long as by year 3 they have upped the revenue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757