Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded spring/summer 2019 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd obviously wish him well if he went to ManU, not that I could understand why nor think it a wise move, but whatever. I can understand anyone's desire to move up.

I personally don't think ManU is a guaranteed move up though. I reckon they could have problems and we could be on for a good season. It looks exciting, I reckon it's worth hanging on just to see.

I'd obviously wish him well if he went to ManU, not that I could understand why nor think it a wise move, but whatever. I can understand anyone's desire to move up.

I personally don't think ManU is a guaranteed move up though. I reckon they could have problems and we could be on for a good season. It looks exciting, I reckon it's worth hanging on just to see.
It is a move up in terms of finance and profile, though, which is a significant thing, if we were in his shoes.

I'd say that, at worst, a sideways move which triples your wage is an extremely wise decision.

He's going to go from £80k a week to £250k a week. He'll also make an absolute fortune with endorsements.

He'd be insane to want to stay.

Aside that, what have the....

I'm concerned at the sound of discontent that comes from some players there. I fear something's not right and I'm not sure they know what to do about it. I know what it's like to work in unsettled environment (I suspect many of us do) and it's soul destroying and confidence robbing. Money can't buy you love etc.

As long as we get plenty of funds to be invested wisely I'm not arsed really. He was probably our 4th best defender last season and if we can spend on new players and/or pay more to keep key players then it's all good.

Oh yes, I agree. Maguire's not someone we can't afford to lose. Personally, I'm not overly bothered if/when he goes as it is a position we're pretty well covered in. Prefer not but we have options. Evans is proving to have been a damned shrewd signing!

We have Evans and a load of 'make do' back up players

If he goes we have to use the money to buy somebody very good indeed

Aside that, what have the....

I'm concerned at the sound of discontent that comes from some players there. I fear something's not right and I'm not sure they know what to do about it. I know what it's like to work in unsettled environment (I suspect many of us do) and it's soul destroying and confidence robbing. Money can't buy you love etc.

I've left money on the table because I was so unhappy at the organizational and cultural setup at a company. I'm sure others have too. It's not as black and white as brown nose likes to view it.

That said, Maguire would crawl on hands and knees to United. I'm just not sure he should.

I've left money on the table because I was so unhappy at the organizational and cultural setup at a company. I'm sure others have too. It's not as black and white as brown nose likes to view it.

That said, Maguire would crawl on hands and knees to United. I'm just not sure he should.
There’s “money” and there’s “money”, to be fair, MA. Would you leave something like £170k per week on the table?

There’s “money” and there’s “money”, to be fair, MA. Would you leave something like £170k per week on the table?

It become pretty irrelevant at the point where you could do or buy anything you could ever want immediately regardless.

At that point it should be what brings you most joy, making the CL with the Leicester lads, or failing horrifically with a bunch of pretenders and jumped up wankers (Pogba) at Old Trafford.

Money money money, insipid greed makes you a **** past a certain level.

If Harry goes hopefully we've got that time to try and bring in a replacement. I'd be pretty happy with Dunk, Tarkowski or Ake....

If Harry goes hopefully we've got that time to try and bring in a replacement. I'd be pretty happy with Dunk, Tarkowski or Ake....

None of which are anywhere near as good as Maguire

So we weaken the team straight away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861