Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded spring/summer 2019 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read £60 million, plus £20 million in add-ons based on appearances, winning stuff etc, medical due tomorrow. .

Hope the add ons are not for them winning the league:mad:

really don't see the hype with Dunk, not enough to spend that much on him

I'm kinda like that about him. Same with Perez. Both players have only played in teams full of duffers though so who knows? Maguire didn't seem a world beater to me when at Ull.

I think that's Jeff's point.

Maguire is worth every bit of £90M to us, not least because of the cost to replace him.
I know I was making a general point, most on here seem so certain that we need either Dunk or Ake to replace HM and this is why I'm not sure, I just don't see them as being that good

That Sun article is total horseshit.

1. No chance of Maguire leaving for an initial £60m

2. We wouldn't pay £45m for Dunk under any circumstances

3. Maguire has not asked to leave

I do expect us to sell Maguire shortly but that story is made up nonsense.

If we get £60 million for Maguire, around £7 million of that will go to Hull.

So we'll end up with £53 million, and we're apparently spending £45 million on Dunk.
Yorkshire post reporting Sheffield United will also receive a small slice, presumably that will come from Hull’s cut

If we get £60 million for Maguire, around £7 million of that will go to Hull.

So we'll end up with £53 million, and we're apparently spending £45 million on Dunk.

Precisely why I’d tell them to **** off.

By the time you account for the Hull payout, the initial transfer fee we paid for Maguire and the money we will invest in a replacement we aren’t making a significant amount of profit. And we are disrupting our plans too.

And we should invest in a replacement. We are too close to the top six to be faffing about.

We are also weakening our own side and strengthening a direct rival.

Gets right on my tits.

I hate this substance-less ‘journalism’ - ****ing. Pathetic.

Go get a life and then a job.

What’s frustrating, especially as someone who worked in newsrooms in a few different countries, is the absolute lack of accountability for speculative reporting in the UK. They literally just move on to the next scurrilous bollocks. It’s bizarre.
they know no club or player is going to take them to court so can just claim "sources" and print

What’s frustrating, especially as someone who worked in newsrooms in a few different countries, is the absolute lack of accountability for speculative reporting in the UK. They literally just move on to the next scurrilous bollocks. It’s bizarre.

Ture. Not just in soccerball either.

Pay what he's worth or **** off. Surely HM can see the correctness in that?
Presumably you feel our club should do the same then. Why should he stay here for 80 grand a week when he’s clearly worth a lot more than that in the current market? Still think United is a shit move though.

Presumably you feel our club should do the same then. Why should he stay here for 80 grand a week when he’s clearly worth a lot more than that in the current market? Still think United is a shit move though.

Probably his stupid fault for signing a new 5 year contract less than a year back. Short term gain, etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263