Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded spring/summer 2019 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Sun article is total horseshit.

1. No chance of Maguire leaving for an initial £60m

2. We wouldn't pay £45m for Dunk under any circumstances

3. Maguire has not asked to leave

I do expect us to sell Maguire shortly but that story is made up nonsense.

A different take on it in the Telegraph

Always trust John Percy, so it's good to see his name in the byline.

And it sounds like a real story, and in keeping with Maguire's character.

Not sensational headlines, but a much more likely version of events.

Theres no doubting the guys professionalism. He won’t do a Mahrez that’s for sure.

Which is why I don’t begrudge him one bit for wanting to move on.

Theres no doubting the guys professionalism. He won’t do a Mahrez that’s for sure.

Which is why I don’t begrudge him one bit for wanting to move on.
I'm the same, all I ask is be professional, give everything whilst you are here

Presumably you feel our club should do the same then. Why should he stay here for 80 grand a week when he’s clearly worth a lot more than that in the current market? Still think United is a shit move though.

Not necessarily. I think there's a difference in player wages and transfer fees. One reason is that he's signed to terms for the entire duration of his contract. So our minimum obligation is to meet those terms. Obviously football isn't quite that simple, and that's why we generously increase wages and change contracts etc.

How much have we tabled for Dunk? I sincerely hope we do not budge on our valuation of Maguire and if he stays it will be a massive boost.

Maybe, but that sounds like the club want to sell and are putting it out there that we won't stand in his way IF someone pays the money.

a good friend pointed me to this site and said they have a good track record.

Leicester City midfielder Nampalys Mendy is reportedly on French club Saint-Etienne's radar for a possible summer swoop.

The 27-year-old made 31 Premier League appearances last season but became more of an impact player off the bench after the arrival of Brendan Rodgers. The former France Under-21 ace enjoyed 23 top-flight starts in total but, playing in a defensive role in the centre of the park, failed to hit the back of the net and has just one career goal to his name from 262 outings. With the arrival of Youri Tielemans on a permanent deal and Rodgers' liking for Wilfred Ndidi as a screen in front of the defence, it may well be that he sees even less playing time in 2019-20 and may seek a move elsewhere. En Vert et Contre Tous, a Saint-Etienne fan website in France, is suggesting that the Ligue 1 outfit have had him watched several times and will try to lure him from the King Power Stadium if they fail to land Nantes' Valentin Rongier. Mendy began his career with Monaco and also played for Nice for three years before returning to the Allianz Riviera on loan for the 2017-18 campaign.

Why is our valuation quoted as 80-90m. If we're asking for 80 to 90 why the **** would man u bid 90?

Why is our valuation quoted as 80-90m. If we're asking for 80 to 90 why the **** would man u bid 90?
The reporter doesn't know the exact figure hence the 80-90 million guestimation. I can tell you for sure, Top has told JR the figure and won't entertain anything other than that.

The reporter doesn't know the exact figure hence the 80-90 million guestimation

That's what I was aiming at. He starts by saying that he can confirm as if it's a fact then throws a range the valuation is out of his head. Would be better to say he's not aware of the exact figure. Maybe I just don't trust any ****er nowadays.

That's what I was aiming at. He starts by saying that he can confirm as if it's a fact then throws a range the valuation is out of his head. Would be better to say he's not aware of the exact figure. Maybe I just don't trust any ****er nowadays.
And so you shouldn't. The world is totally corrupt. But then again, we are happy to ask for 90 million for Harry Maguire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263