Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded spring/summer 2019 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reported transfer fees are guesses or figures put out because they suit one or other party in a transfer story.

Actual transfer fees are quite different. Leicester repeatedly quoted £11m when Heskey went to Liverpool but the actual fee was under £9m.

I was told that even the £60m fee quoted for Mahrez was inaccurate and the actual fee was £54m.

We paid £16m for Perez but everyone is reporting it as £30m.

Whatever the eventual fee we receive for Maguire, the only sure thing is that it won't be what the papers say.

It's also notable that Maguire's agent has a strong relationship with Man Utd and appears to be mischief making. It would be to Maguire's credit if he put his agent back in his box rather than stirring stories every day.

a good friend pointed me to this site and said they have a good track record.

Leicester City midfielder Nampalys Mendy is reportedly on French club Saint-Etienne's radar for a possible summer swoop.

The 27-year-old made 31 Premier League appearances last season but became more of an impact player off the bench after the arrival of Brendan Rodgers. The former France Under-21 ace enjoyed 23 top-flight starts in total but, playing in a defensive role in the centre of the park, failed to hit the back of the net and has just one career goal to his name from 262 outings. With the arrival of Youri Tielemans on a permanent deal and Rodgers' liking for Wilfred Ndidi as a screen in front of the defence, it may well be that he sees even less playing time in 2019-20 and may seek a move elsewhere. En Vert et Contre Tous, a Saint-Etienne fan website in France, is suggesting that the Ligue 1 outfit have had him watched several times and will try to lure him from the King Power Stadium if they fail to land Nantes' Valentin Rongier. Mendy began his career with Monaco and also played for Nice for three years before returning to the Allianz Riviera on loan for the 2017-18 campaign.
But strong to claim he’s an impact sub, I can’t really remember him having any impact at all.

Except giving away 2 goals to Southampton of course.

Thy problem might not be the number but how it is constructed. £80million cash one payment up front may be seen as the better deal rather than something like £90million with only £60million up front and the rest in performance add-ons etc.

It's also common to include sell on clauses at the same value of the current transfer. For example a £10 million transfer with a 10% sell on clause might be reported as £11 million. It really all depends what slant the media want to put on it whether they report the lowest or highest possible figure.

Reported transfer fees are guesses or figures put out because they suit one or other party in a transfer story.

Actual transfer fees are quite different. Leicester repeatedly quoted £11m when Heskey went to Liverpool but the actual fee was under £9m.

I was told that even the £60m fee quoted for Mahrez was inaccurate and the actual fee was £54m.

We paid £16m for Perez but everyone is reporting it as £30m.

Whatever the eventual fee we receive for Maguire, the only sure thing is that it won't be what the papers say.

It's also notable that Maguire's agent has a strong relationship with Man Utd and appears to be mischief making. It would be to Maguire's credit if he put his agent back in his box rather than stirring stories every day.
perhaps we should go down the American route and publish all transfer deals? When does the window close?

I think this would be a huge mistake. But I haven't seen Benkovic play - hopefully he's good!

I agree about value, but if we want to seize this opportunity where Chelsea, Arsenal and Man Utd all look dodgy for the season ahead then we can't weaken our defence. This is the season to capitalise on the weakness of the top 6 - they could all be better the following year. I'd suspect Tarkowski and/or Dunk would be better than our other centre back options if Maguire leaves.

It's all hypothetical though because it's still IF Maguire goes - and if he does, those plans may change.

I think this would be a huge mistake. But I haven't seen Benkovic play - hopefully he's good!

I agree about value, but if we want to seize this opportunity where Chelsea, Arsenal and Man Utd all look dodgy for the season ahead then we can't weaken our defence. This is the season to capitalise on the weakness of the top 6 - they could all be better the following year. I'd suspect Tarkowski and/or Dunk would be better than our other centre back options if Maguire leaves.

It's all hypothetical though because it's still IF Maguire goes - and if he does, those plans may change.
I think you can slice it and dice it numerous ways but to me it seems sensible to play either Benkovic or Syoncu in replacement of Maguire particularly as they were bought to do that very job!

There will be nobody good left in January. Like being the kid who is last to be picked for the team.

Maquire will be available in January...

Given the cost of any potential replacement, I reckon it'd be better use of the dosh (should Maguire go) to spend in other areas. We bought Soyuncu and Benkovic specifically so they could make the step up, let's put our faith in both them and our scouting/purchasing. I can understand people might feel uncertain about the pair of them but I reckon it'd turn out alright.

The media has made so many guesses that somebody must have got it right. Or not?

Any news on Harry's Old Trafford medical yet? It was today, wasn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263