Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded spring/summer 2019 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd think rumours about English clubs signing players would have finished by now. But no.

Your super soaraway Sun says "Chelsea manager Frank Lampard wants to sign Leicester defender Ben Chilwell when the Blues' transfer ban ends. The England international, 22, is rated at £70m."

Let's hope Frank watched MOTD 2 then, put him off.

Chiwell is to inconsistent to demand that high a fee, on his day he can be exceptionally good, hopefully Ben can become more consistent this season under Rodgers.

Look at the line-up yesterday - the entire team's width was supposed to come from the full-backs, with cover from two DMs. In that scenario, you'd expect the opposition to target them and so for any chances to come from their areas. With that in mind, I'm not sure that Chilwell played so very badly

Wolves totally failed to capitalise on quite a few opportunities they had due to **** ups from Chilwell.

The Prince got him out of jail at least twice

Doing his best Charlie Chaplin impression....

I wonder how his English is coming on. I've seen interviews with him on yt (when he was at Freiburg) where he had an interpreter, he really is quite softly spoken.

Doing his best Charlie Chaplin impression....

I wonder how his English is coming on. I've seen interviews with him on yt (when he was at Freiburg) where he had an interpreter, he really is quite softly spoken.
his English was said to be quite good by the end of last season

I'm thinking the below is better for us on Sunday next

Schmeichel

Pereira Evans Soyuncu Chilwell
Ndidi Tielemans
Perez Maddison Barnes
Vardy

get Tielemans on the ball more often and also being of as much use to play in Chilwell as he is to Pereira.
have Perez arriving late from the right for crosses from Chilwell and Barnes
keep Maddison and Tielemans central to feed Vardy quickly when the opportunity arises.
I think wanting to play Ndidi, Choudhury, Tielemans and Maddison is a bit ambitious, particulary now we also have Praet in the mix. They need to work in rotation.

don't be silly he isn't going to be dropped after a couple of bad games and nor should he, he was one of several players that looked to be still shaking off the early season rust
Is that the same as the 'end of season rust' he must have had for the last few games of last season where he was equally poor? He is far too inconsistent and this nonsense of him being 'one of the best LBs in the league' will continue to be drivel until he can sort this out. If he is as poor against Chelsea as he was in Saturday it would be madness to not replace him. How many poor performances and goal opportunities should he be allowed to present to the opposition before he is left out for a game or two then? Given the choice at the moment. I'd be playing Fuchs in games where we'd like to defend.

Edit; to make it clearer, semantically, I suppose he is one of the best based on the lack of talented players in that position across a number of clubs but top 4 or 5? Nah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757