Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded spring/summer 2019 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name three left backs that are better in the Premier League?

Left backs I would have over Chilwell right now:

Robertson
Alonso
Zinchenko
Digne
Fuchs

They may not all be as good as Chilwell on his day necessarily (although I'd argue that they are), but they are certainly more consistent.

Alonso isn’t even the best left back at Chelsea, a club said to want to buy Chilwell, Zinchenko is an attacking midfielder covering for an injured player and Fuchs can’t get a look in here for obvious reasons but people like yourself have some psychological need to abuse our young players.

How long until you turn on Hamza or Maddison I wonder

Shaw FFS ??

Holy Jebus, bring back Alan Rogers

Yep, you read it correctly.

I know it's the in thing to take the piss and call Shaw fat but when managed correctly he's a quality player.

And yes, Zinchenko is not an out and out left back but he's still been more consistent and achieved far more than Chilwell.

I wonder why Pep didn't bother replacing him despite being the best team In the land? Must because he's shit.

Yep, you read it correctly.

I know it's the in thing to take the piss and call Shaw fat but when managed correctly he's a quality player.

And yes, Zinchenko is not an out and out left back but he's still been more consistent and achieved far more than Chilwell.

I wonder why Pep didn't bother replacing him despite being the best team In the land? Must because he's shit.

Did you hear Mourinho talking about an incident yesterday where Maguire had to cover across for Shaw being out of position? Jose basically said that Maguire would get a lot of practice at doing that through the season.

Robertson is number one left back.

Nobody else is clearly better than Chilwell. You could possibly argue Digne but I'd say the jury was out on that one. Anyone else suggested is absolute drivel.

Did you hear Mourinho talking about an incident yesterday where Maguire had to cover across for Shaw being out of position? Jose basically said that Maguire would get a lot of practice at doing that through the season.

Robertson is number one left back.

Nobody else is clearly better than Chilwell. You could possibly argue Digne but I'd say the jury was out on that one. Anyone else suggested is absolute drivel.

Agree on all this. Digne I would say is about the same as Chilwell - with the inconsistency to match too.

But Chilwell came on leaps and bounds last season. I'm amazed anyone can suggest otherwise. Consistency I think would come with more experience.

Fuchs is good at somethings but he has zero pace now and gets woefully caught out because of it. Fuchs a few years ago was better than Chilwell is now, yes, but Chilwell is first choice for a clear reason and by a mile now.

It's not after one game, people are capable of using last season and this to form an option ffs

Fuchs is good at somethings but he has zero pace now and gets woefully caught out because of it. Fuchs a few years ago was better than Chilwell is now, yes, but Chilwell is first choice for a clear reason and by a mile now.
I'm a fan of Fuchs and all he has done for us, but I think this is a sensible summary of where we are now.

Alonso isn’t even the best left back at Chelsea, a club said to want to buy Chilwell, Zinchenko is an attacking midfielder covering for an injured player and Fuchs can’t get a look in here for obvious reasons but people like yourself have some psychological need to abuse our young players.

How long until you turn on Hamza or Maddison I wonder
Alonso is and has been much more consistent than Chilwell. The same goes for Robertson, Digne and Zinchenko. That's my opinion based on what I see and I'd take any of those right now over Chilwell. I'm sure I'll probably change my mind over the course of this season but I have two balls neither of which are crystal do I can only base my opinion on evidence drawn from the last few seasons.

I don't know why you are so upset by any criticism of Chilwell, nobody is saying he isn't a gifted footballer but yesterday and at the end of last season, he was rubbish. I don't even know what the nonsense about psychology and all that guff is supposed to mean. I don't care how young or how old they are, I will continue to criticise players who put in poor performances.

In the meantime, I suggest you take a Vallium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757