Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded spring/summer 2019 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he can help stop Celtic walking away with it then im all for it

Are those 4 lingering at the back, not looking bothered for a reason....

Demerai putting it all in.....

Google translated

No eight without nine. Club's purchasing anger is not yet silent. It still searches for the perfect defensive midfielder. The following are still eligible: Giannelli Imbula (26) and Daniel Amartey (24) from Stoke City and Leicester respectively. They are both on a list. Imbula is currently on a sideline at Stoke, after buying it off for 20 million euros from FC Porto in 2016. After lending to Toulouse and Rayo Vallecano, the Congolese Frenchman - born in Vilvoorde - hopes to reinvigorate his career. In the meantime, he has been training at Stoke's U23 since 1 July. “I want to find a club with a project where I can settle down. The last three years I have changed clubs a lot ... I would like some stability, "he recently told RMC.

Google translated

No eight without nine. Club's purchasing anger is not yet silent. It still searches for the perfect defensive midfielder. The following are still eligible: Giannelli Imbula (26) and Daniel Amartey (24) from Stoke City and Leicester respectively. They are both on a list. Imbula is currently on a sideline at Stoke, after buying it off for 20 million euros from FC Porto in 2016. After lending to Toulouse and Rayo Vallecano, the Congolese Frenchman - born in Vilvoorde - hopes to reinvigorate his career. In the meantime, he has been training at Stoke's U23 since 1 July. “I want to find a club with a project where I can settle down. The last three years I have changed clubs a lot ... I would like some stability, "he recently told RMC.
There is definitely an 8 without 9. Fake news.

I’d have Schmeichel over Pickford every day of the week.
fair enough, some of the things Kasper does drive me nuts as they are so easily fixed through coaching but never get fixed whether that's Kasper not learning or Stowell not coaching who knows? That's not including distribution, and I personally really rate Pickford

Mercato: Islam Slimani passes medical visit to Monaco
AS Monaco, looking for a new offensive element, should make Islam Slimani sign. A player that Leonardo Jardim knows well.

Already studied in the winter of 2018 after the departure of Guido Carillo, the track leading to Islam Slimani is again relevant on the side of AS Monaco. Aged 31, Islam Slimani is coming off a complicated season in Turkey with Fenerbahçe, but he was able to console himself with a title of African Champion in Egypt with the Fennecs. Leonardo Jardim, with whom the contact was never broken, knows perfectly the profile of the player since it is the Portuguese technician who launched the Algerian in Europe in Portugal under the colors of Sporting (2013/2014). Under contract until June 2021 with Leicester who had lent in Turkey, the former striker CR Belouizdad no longer in the Foxes plans. In January 2018, Slimani's arrival at the ASM had failed due to Leicester's desire to a dry transfer rather than a loan for his attacker. This should be simpler in this end of transfer window. It only remains to know the terms of the negotiations around a player in search of rebound. The player is currently in Monaco to pass his medical examination. And his profile, which allows him to play both alone in the lead but also in the company of a second striker like Ben Yedder, should perfectly meet the needs of Leonardo Jardim.

Nabil Djellit

Interesting. https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/...news/leicester-city-offered-awful-lot-3230309

The likely explanation is that we were preparing to sell Schmeichel to Everton (as was widely speculated) in summer 2016. Two things scuppered this; we won the league, and Walsh going to Everton with a clause saying that he couldn't sign anyone from City.

As a result, Schmeichel stayed put and Everton signed Pickford.
Interestingly Big Sam was saying on talk sport we offered big money for Pickford when he was at Sunderland, and he was not surprised when Walsh went to Everton that they paid the fee for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757