Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded spring/summer 2019 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm happy to see Diabatea, Silva, Amartey and Slimani go, but i wouldn't let Mendy go. We don't need to be in a position where we only have 1 back up for a position.
for a pureplay defensive centre mid we have #1 Ndidi, #2 Choudhury and so need to keep Mendy as back up in case either is injured for a mid to long term. We have Praet but he is more of a ballplayer from what i can see.
With Slimani - I don't want him to stay, but i am annoyed that we don't have any change up type of player to fundamentally change our style of play if absolutely needed. We have Vardy, Perez and Iheanacho as senior strikers - with Iheanacho hopefully now in a more confident place. None of them allow us to to change our pattern of play fundamentally in the last 20mins of a game.
I know a Plan B isn't the Rodgers way but it's the reason that Chilwell, Albrighton and to a certain extent Ricardo have some of their attacking potency blunted, because they not only have to get forward well but they have to play a pinpoint ball every time rather than hit a percentage whipped cross to the near or backpost 1 in 3 times that the striker has a chance to compete for. This particularly affects Chilwell, with the other two having adapted better IMO.
For that reason alone i'd have wanted 1 striker of 6 foot or more in the squad. Spurs, Chelsea, Liverpool, Everton, West Ham AND Watford all have at least one and will likely score more goals than us as a result. Only Man City and Man Utd don't as they think that they are good enough to blow teams away with their interplay.

I'm happy to see Diabatea, Silva, Amartey and Slimani go, but i wouldn't let Mendy go. We don't need to be in a position where we only have 1 back up for a position.
for a pureplay defensive centre mid we have #1 Ndidi, #2 Choudhury and so need to keep Mendy as back up in case either is injured for a mid to long term. We have Praet but he is more of a ballplayer from what i can see.
With Slimani - I don't want him to stay, but i am annoyed that we don't have any change up type of player to fundamentally change our style of play if absolutely needed. We have Vardy, Perez and Iheanacho as senior strikers - with Iheanacho hopefully now in a more confident place. None of them allow us to to change our pattern of play fundamentally in the last 20mins of a game.
I know a Plan B isn't the Rodgers way but it's the reason that Chilwell, Albrighton and to a certain extent Ricardo have some of their attacking potency blunted, because they not only have to get forward well but they have to play a pinpoint ball every time rather than hit a percentage whipped cross to the near or backpost 1 in 3 times that the striker has a chance to compete for. This particularly affects Chilwell, with the other two having adapted better IMO.
For that reason alone i'd have wanted 1 striker of 6 foot or more in the squad. Spurs, Chelsea, Liverpool, Everton, West Ham AND Watford all have at least one and will likely score more goals than us as a result. Only Man City and Man Utd don't as they think that they are good enough to blow teams away with their interplay.
Hopefully we are also soon going to be good enough to blow teams away with our interplay. Saw evidence of it against Chelsea.

Mercato: Islam Slimani passes medical visit to Monaco
AS Monaco, looking for a new offensive element, should make Islam Slimani sign. A player that Leonardo Jardim knows well.

Already studied in the winter of 2018 after the departure of Guido Carillo, the track leading to Islam Slimani is again relevant on the side of AS Monaco. Aged 31, Islam Slimani is coming off a complicated season in Turkey with Fenerbahçe, but he was able to console himself with a title of African Champion in Egypt with the Fennecs. Leonardo Jardim, with whom the contact was never broken, knows perfectly the profile of the player since it is the Portuguese technician who launched the Algerian in Europe in Portugal under the colors of Sporting (2013/2014). Under contract until June 2021 with Leicester who had lent in Turkey, the former striker CR Belouizdad no longer in the Foxes plans. In January 2018, Slimani's arrival at the ASM had failed due to Leicester's desire to a dry transfer rather than a loan for his attacker. This should be simpler in this end of transfer window. It only remains to know the terms of the negotiations around a player in search of rebound. The player is currently in Monaco to pass his medical examination. And his profile, which allows him to play both alone in the lead but also in the company of a second striker like Ben Yedder, should perfectly meet the needs of Leonardo Jardim.

Nabil Djellit
Jammy ****.

Seems he's gone to Monaco on loan with an option to buy. That'll just be a loan then. As a result of his 5 year contract in 2016, we'll have to go through this charade all over again next summer:

He's gone, that's all I care about. I reckon there's something toxic about him, whether that's due to us, I don't know, but it's best off all around if he's elsewhre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757