Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2018 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really do not want Vardy to go. Of all the players in the squad, he seems to give more to the result of a game than anyone. Any-one but Vardy - whatever the price.

If he were to go though, A. Madrid is a good one for him.

We'd probably miss Vardy more than Mahrez. I just can't see him leaving though. He's a key player for us, so we wouldn't let him go cheap - but because of his age you can't imagine anyone wanting to throw mega bucks at trying to sign him.

I cannot see Atleti offering anywhere near what we want for Vardy given his age, if Vardy were to leave it would require a complete change of approach, I'd rather we went with a Slimani type as our striker than try and replace Vardy like for like as I can't see us signing someone as effective as him

Vardy is in a difficult position because he’s so valuable to our team that I would imagine the owners would probably demand in excess of £40m for him.

Yet because of his age, no club in their right mind would pay that.

Vardy is in a difficult position because he’s so valuable to our team that I would imagine the owners would probably demand in excess of £40m for him.

They wouldn’t normally at his age but seeing as he got into the top tier very late his engine will probably remain about the same for another 3-4 seasons.

20 goal strikers are a very valuable commodity.

I wouldn’t accept £75 million for him.

He is. Leicester City.

Not sure they wouldn't. If £40m will bring a trophy or one good season then why not. We've spent a fortune on players for them to not even play much.

Not sure they wouldn't. If £40m will bring a trophy or one good season then why not. We've spent a fortune on players for them to not even play much.
If you’re, say, Everton and you’re trying to take the next step up the ladder, I think he’d make perfect sense, even if there’s an element of overpaying.

They wouldn’t normally at his age but seeing as he got into the top tier very late his engine will probably remain about the same for another 3-4 seasons.

20 goal strikers are a very valuable commodity.

I wouldn’t accept £75 million for him.

He is. Leicester City.

I agree with your sentiment entirely. The problem is that I'd be amazed if we're in control of this situation.

In his previous contract, he had a release clause that triggered in summer 16 of £22m. He signed a new deal that summer but I would expect his agent has inserted a range of clauses. If Vardy fancies a change, I don't think we have any control over the situation.

The fact that Ath. Madrid are linked with him once again is a worry. It's a club that would suit him, a manager that loves his style, and a challenge that is definitely a 'now or never' one.

The truth is that Vardy and Mahrez have carried this team for the last couple of seasons. He knows that Mahrez is off, and he's not particularly enjoying life under Puel (as has been suggested), so who can blame him if he says it's time to move on. He owes us nothing any more and he is too good for us right now.

Ultimately, there is a cost to backing Puel and that is signalling a lack of genuine intent to be successful.

I agree with your sentiment entirely. The problem is that I'd be amazed if we're in control of this situation.

In his previous contract, he had a release clause that triggered in summer 16 of £22m. He signed a new deal that summer but I would expect his agent has inserted a range of clauses. If Vardy fancies a change, I don't think we have any control over the situation.

The fact that Ath. Madrid are linked with him once again is a worry. It's a club that would suit him, a manager that loves his style, and a challenge that is definitely a 'now or never' one.

The truth is that Vardy and Mahrez have carried this team for the last couple of seasons. He knows that Mahrez is off, and he's not particularly enjoying life under Puel (as has been suggested), so who can blame him if he says it's time to move on. He owes us nothing any more and he is too good for us right now.

Ultimately, there is a cost to backing Puel and that is signalling a lack of genuine intent to be successful.
I agree with all that bar the last paragraph.

In our favour though he seems settled and fwiw - loyal. If we have to increase his salary to a rediculas level (by exception) then that is what the board need to do.

If he is currently on £140k a week increase it to £170k and increase goal bonuses.

I believe we will keep him (I bloody hope).

I agree with all that bar the last paragraph.

In our favour though he seems settled and fwiw - loyal. If we have to increase his salary to a rediculas level (by exception) then that is what the board need to do.

If he is currently on £140k a week increase it to £170k and increase goal bonuses.

I believe we will keep him (I bloody hope).

Your spellchecker needs to be reminded how to spell ridiculous CF

I regard Vardy as the best Leicester striker I have seen. He gives more to the team than Frankie Wortho or Gary Lineker. Mahrez is a luxury player. He has a fair number of games in which he does little. However, like Jimmy Graves or Paul Gascoigne the sublime moments come often enough to make him a luxury worth having. It is rare for Vardy to be ineffective and when he is it is usually because the players remind him are not giving him service.

Vardy will probably do what he is told. Rebecca needs to be told that removing her children to Spain will be very bad for their education and their future.

To lose both Vardy and Mahrez would suggest that the Thais lack ambition - which they do not. It would also disappoint the fan base. I think the Thais are ruthlessly ambitious for the club and do want to be liked. As for transfer fees a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush or a Vardy in the team is worth more than a Slimani and Musa on the bench.

Lol

Jamie Chav Vardy going to Spain

Lol

Mahrez is definitely off.......if I remember rightly no fecker wants him enough to make a sensible bid.

****ing delighted that we aren't relying on our useless scouting team and are just going on previous knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757