Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2018 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like us to try to sign Mousa Dembele, if Spurs are letting him go.

Are they?

A few months ago the manager was comparing him to the best players in the world

I'd like us to try to sign Mousa Dembele, if Spurs are letting him go.

I suspect he'd be way out of our league and go to somewhere like Juventus.

Surely Spurs aren't letting him go though? Poch was saying just a few months ago that Dembele was up there with the best players in the world!

I suspect he'd be way out of our league and go to somewhere like Juventus.

Surely Spurs aren't letting him go though? Poch was saying just a few months ago that Dembele was up there with the best players in the world!
It may be a long shot, yes, but I'd still like us to try. He's class, IMO.

I’d love us to try to sign Messi. He won’t join us in a million years but it would be great to try anyway.

There were some fitness problems come to light towards the end of the season. I read he has some niggles that won't go away and it's doubtful that they will get a full season out of him next year. Just the sort of signing that Leicester will make.

Ah, last year of contract, refusing to sign a new one - that's more like it

He wouldn't come here in a month of Sundays

Nor would we need him - we've got the Grealish/Rondon Galactico partnership to think about
You can't see Levy letting his contract run out, so he'll be sold in the Summer.

I don't think he'd come here either, but we were being linked with Nzonzi in the past and that seemed similarly unlikely, but at least we were aiming high.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/five-young-players-who-can-1671860

Two initial thoughts about this.

One, I would hope Elliott Moore also features in the club's thinking. He's just played a full season of senior-level football at our sister club, so it might pay dividends to get him back and see how he's coming along.

Second, if the club really thinks these players are good enough to be around the first team in the next few years we need to start clearing a pathway for them to feature in the squad. That means getting rid of older players who have started declining and people who are injured too often. If we don't do that promising young players will eventually stop joining us.

. That means getting rid of older players who have started declining and people who are injured too often.

Can you enlighten us on the method of doing this with contracted players. In reality there is little that can be done other than to allow contracts to run their course.

We have this story every other year about some talented youngster or other - Dodoo, Panayiotou etc. etc. right the way back to Petrescu

It's all bollocks

Can you enlighten us on the method of doing this with contracted players. In reality there is little that can be done other than to allow contracts to run their course.

They could go missing...just a thought.

I agree it won't be easy. As you say, the players are well within their rights to sit out their contracts.
From the club's side they can only be honest and say "We are going in this direction, so if you want first team football you'll have to go elsewhere". Offer to let them leave on a free transfer if someone else will take them.
If management thinks these young players are good enough then the generational change has to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757