Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2018 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love being a Leicester fan, for anyone to claim otherwise is unfair.

I just genuinely believe we’ve got a knobhead in charge at a time of great upheaval and change within the squad and I’m concerned about it.
Milesy baby - We know.

You're worried, I get that. Why not enjoy the Summer, though? Make the most of the World Cup. Look forward to the Niners being semi-relevant again. Dream about tits.

There's plenty of time to worry about Puel & LCFC, once the season starts and we have a good idea what the reality is.

I don’t think Miles and others aren’t fans, they’re just concerned, which is perfectly reasonable. I just think that this forum is mostly full of regular posters, who recognise what other posters think already, so there isn’t necessarily the need to continually say the same thing over and over again.

Just my thoughts, though. People are free to say what they think.

Although Alex is always permitted to point out that he likes tits, as that is clearly a matter that is worth repeating.

I love being a Leicester fan, for anyone to claim otherwise is unfair.

I just genuinely believe we’ve got a knobhead in charge at a time of great upheaval and change within the squad and I’m concerned about it.

I am sure adjectives similar to knobhead were used when Ranieri was appointed, and he made significant changes to our formation and first choice players. That did not turn out badly.

I am sure adjectives similar to knobhead were used when Ranieri was appointed, and he made significant changes to our formation and first choice players. That did not turn out badly.
You’re talking as though Puel has only just been appointed and no one is giving him a chance. He has been our manager for 9 months. And in that time he has turned us into a slow, boring, predictable, pedestrian team playing the type of football that makes my eyes bleed, and losing 0-8 on aggregate to Crystal ****ing Palace.

9 months of Ranieri being in charge we had won the title.

‘Puel’ and ‘Ranieri’ really should not be used in the same sentence.

You’re talking as though Puel has only just been appointed and no one is giving him a chance. He has been our manager for 9 months. And in that time he has turned us into a slow, boring, predictable, pedestrian team playing the type of football that makes my eyes bleed, and losing 0-8 on aggregate to Crystal ****ing Palace.

9 months of Ranieri being in charge we had won the title.

‘Puel’ and ‘Ranieri’ really should not be used in the same sentence.

You just did

That was before he arrived and no one had seen him in action - not after he'd been in post for sufficient enough time to observe him and make a judgement on what kind of manager he is, and how well he manages our team

Puel's signings so far so far certainly don't suggest he wants to play slow boring football. Cause for at least a little optimism surely?

Puel's signings so far so far certainly don't suggest he wants to play slow boring football. Cause for at least a little optimism surely?
I don’t know how you come to that conclusion when he plays slow boring football with Mahrez and Vardy in the team?

It was two separate league fixtures months apart. The aggregate was indeed 0-8, but that’s not the same as “on aggregate” as used in football.
Yeah alright Mr Pedantic, I’m sorry for including the word “on”.

Yeah alright Mr Pedantic, I’m sorry for including the word “on”.
Well, at least if you are going to continue boring people with your diatribe then please ensure it is 100% correct.

There is nothing worse than someone with a chip on their shoulder typing drivel in haste to make their point (again).

Accused of typing drivel from Camberwell.

Wow.

5312E32A-C8B1-4B16-8766-DD52D861E136.jpeg

Can everyone stop being so negative please....

Look on the bright side. The Premier League is so mind numbingly shit that it's almost harder to go down that it is to get into europe.

Puel will have to give it a right old go if he wants to get us to the Championship, I don't think he's got it in him to get the players on board enough to achieve it.

Nope, we'll just have to settle for mid table boredom I'm afraid.

Simple fact: Football fans, as a collective & individually, know precisely knob all about how any manager is going to perform. We just think we do. Puel started off just fine, then it went tits up. But I'm not going to judge the outcome until he's had his transfer window, built his squad & given them time to gel.
As has been pointed out, the PL is a fair bit shite so breathing space will be available for hopefully long enough.

I know people who were delighted when Bloomfield got the chop & were practically creaming their pants over the McLintock appointment. The whole "return of a City legend" shit was trotted out. Apparently this was going to be a springboard to the greatest era in the clubs history. Every single one of those ****ers denies it now but I have a very good memory.
For those not old enough I can assure you that the football ( I use the term loosely) played that season made anything under Puel last season look like the ****ing 1970 Brazilians. Our leading scorer finished with four league goals.

****ing FOUR!

Jesus wept.

Much later on many wanted MON driven out of the city & dumped in a layby.

Later still Taylor was mostly regarded as an excellent & forward thinking appointment but it was a shame it wasn't 'Arry ****ing Redknapp as he was definitely the No1 option.

Point being, none of us know shit.

Secondary point being, no matter how bad things get nothing will ever affect me as badly football-wise as that horrific 77-78 debacle. So I'll survive. I was so young back then that football was the very heart & soul of my personal universe. Plus I had to watch the ****ing Trees win the league while it happened. That really put the ****ing cherry on top I can tell you. Even that horrific day at the Britannia doesn't beat it as my worst LCFC memory.

Bring it on.

European qualification by league position & the FA Cup in the cabinet by next May please Claude.

Cheers.

i hope Roberts isnt seen as the "Mahrez replacement", im sure he would make a decent squad player but we need a better quality player to be a regular starter eg Traore

i hope Roberts isnt seen as the "Mahrez replacement", im sure he would make a decent squad player but we need a better quality player to be a regular starter eg Traore

Which Traore? Not the lad at Middlesbrough who looked absolute dross when we played gem surely?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757