Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2019 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously? He had about 5 good games at the start of the season and hasn’t really done much since.

He has been excellent at times and is let down week after week by being played in completely the wrong posisiton for his talents or by a totally toothless and inept central midfield pairing. I can absolutely see why he would thrive at a club who might play him in his preferred role and give him an anchor or two in midfield to help him be his creative best.

Against Manchester United in the first half, he looked to be the only player even capable of creating anything (along with Gray who also had a good game) and that has been the same for most of the games he has played. Because he is constantly looking to try and do this he will lose the ball or make mistakes. This is not the same as watching Mendy and Ndidi giving the ball away constantly without even trying to do anything helpful with it.

Put him in as a no.10 with a different CM pairing who might just look forward rather than sideways or backwards and he will flourish. Even if we play him along side someone like Choudhury in CM he will create far more than anyone else we could have there.

Or, we could just boooooooooooooo the useless bastard......... That always works.

For the record, I’m not slating him. I am, however, mocking the article a bit. I like him and I think he’s clearly got talent, but it’s difficult for him to shine, what with the way we are currently playing him.

Not seen enough yet to suggest he’s ready for the “big move” but we shall see.

Him and Chilwell have Spurs written all over them long term.

Not seen enough yet to suggest he’s ready for the “big move” but we shall see.

Him and Chilwell have Spurs written all over them long term.

He's had his big move.

To even be thinking about his next one is utterly absurd.

He needs to improve a heck of a lot before any top 4 team considers paying the fee we'd ask.

Not yet. Once they get a few things sorted. Possibly...

How long do you think it will be before they get things sorted? The new stadium is costing them a fortune and from what I read it could be a heavy load to carry financially for quite a few years. If they lose Pochettino it could all go tits up for them, if he went I reckon there'd be an exodus of their better players.

How we currently play Maddison he should be judged on his goals/assists and for me it's not great. I like him but the way some folks go on about how great he is is well over the top. IMO we should probably be trying to involve him in the game more by playing him further back.

Our midfield pairing is our big weakness right now and it needs sorting. I think the most sensible thing right now would be to drop Mendy for Tielemans as he's someone who can give Puel that defensive aspect he has by playing his 2 DCMs but also who might offer something more going forward. He's known for his surging runs forward from deep...

Pinch of salt. The bigger clubs always do this to the opposition before a game. Trying to unsettle a player to gain some sort of psychological advantage. Similar to how the Harry Maguire to Man Utd talk always starts in the week before we play them, etc. etc.

If they lose Pochettino it could all go tits up for them, if he went I reckon there'd be an exodus of their better players.

Why, dont they want to win trophies?

Poch is a loser

If, Maddison were to go and it would be a big if, I would love to see us sign Alan Browne from PNE as his replacement. Superb player who is versatile, can play number 10, but can also operate as a conventional central midfielder. Very talented but can also handle the physical side of the game very well, he has already bagged 10 goals and provided 5 assists this season and at 23 fits with our ethos of bringing in younger players and wouldn't be very expensive in today's market.

If, Maddison were to go and it would be a big if, I would love to see us sign Alan Browne from PNE as his replacement. Superb player who is versatile, can play number 10, but can also operate as a conventional central midfielder. Very talented but can also handle the physical side of the game very well, he has already bagged 10 goals and provided 5 assists this season and at 23 fits with our ethos of bringing in younger players and wouldn't be very expensive in today's market.
It’s a sad statement on today’s game that we’re discussing a player leaving 25 games after he’s joined us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757