Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2020 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't it depend on what they're saying when they do so?
Wayne Brown spoke his mind, that worked out great!

For what its worth Rose is on record as not liking football, fair enough but given his age how committed would he be and how long would he go on for? We Chilwell sold and Rose replaced him he'd be a stop gap signing until either someone like Luke Thomas was ready or we found someone better IMO

For clarity, I am in no way advocating signing him. My point, however, is that there are people who judge him on what he says, not what he does on the pitch. Not everybody is doing that, I accept, but there are many who do.

He speaks out and isn't scared to say that he's unhappy. People think he should be happy, as he's paid a lot of money. That's how a lot of people are, as I see it.

Quite. Wasn't our success partly built upon recruiting 'characters' who had something about them?

The way Deeney has stood up for himself over recent days has made me wish we had signed him when we tried to. He's clearly got depth and independence.

Rose strikes me as someone with his own mind and a willingness to say what he thinks. I think those types, managed well, are excellent to have.

Quite. Wasn't our success partly built upon recruiting 'characters' who had something about them?

The way Deeney has stood up for himself over recent days has made me wish we had signed him when we tried to. He's clearly got depth and independence.

Rose strikes me as someone with his own mind and a willingness to say what he thinks. I think those types, managed well, are excellent to have.

I thought our success was built on leaders, not whiners who dont know how good they have it.

I'm not unsympathetic and fully realise how much money you make and your job can have no bearing on your mental health.

Rose however is overrated and IMO would disrupt the dressing room and not enhance it.

I thought our success was built on leaders, not whiners who dont know how good they have it.

I'm not unsympathetic and fully realise how much money you make and your job can have no bearing on your mental health.

Rose however is overrated and IMO would disrupt the dressing room and not enhance it.
I’m not aware of any of his teammates saying that he’s a negative influence (although they could easily have done so, as I may well have missed it). It’s perfectly fine to not rate him as a player and think he’s not good enough. Many people, though, hear him speak out and judge him on that more than his footballing ability.

I don't see what the problem is with Rose. He's had a very good career up to now and has produced some excellent football for both Spurs and England. He could very easily do a great job for us and although he won't offer as much going forward as Chilwell, he won't be any worse at defending that's for sure. A more than adequate replacement should Chilwell go.

If we had Chelskis pants down over Chilwell for something like £60 million & we replaced him with Danny Rose for £10 million we could then use the surplus cash on a top player like coutino, especially if we have champions league football next season.

He was a very good left back. He isn’t any more
Which is why he’s ended up at a shithole like Newcastle

If we’re looking at Danny ****ing Rose as a signing then something has gone horribly wrong - particularly if we’re selling Chilwell for a small fortune

As I said above, I’m not advocating signing him. I just happen to think a lot of people judge him on matters off the football pitch, no matter what he does on it and they seem to have a problem with him not liking being a footballer.

As I said above, I’m not advocating signing him. I just happen to think a lot of people judge him on matters off the football pitch, no matter what he does on it and they seem to have a problem with him not liking being a footballer.
no we're judging him on the fact he was behind Ben Davies and Ryan Sessegnon, 1 bang average full back and 1 player more famous for playing on the wing for Fulham in the Championship, at Spurs and only a few years after being linked with a move to Man City could only get a loan move to Newcastle where he has hardly excelled.

no we're judging him on the fact he was behind Ben Davies and Ryan Sessegnon, 1 bang average full back and 1 player more famous for playing on the wing for Fulham in the Championship, at Spurs and only a few years after being linked with a move to Man City could only get a loan move to Newcastle where he has hardly excelled.
You might be and I might be, too. Many don’t, though.

You might be and I might be, too. Many don’t, though.
I think the fact Spurs tried to sell him last summer and couldn't and tried to sell him in January and couldn't says all we need to know. However if he were to replace Fuchs then that would be a different story but if Chilwell is sold we need to go all out to get the best replacement we possibly can and that is a level beyond Danny Rose, I'd prefer Ryan Bertrand or Luke Shaw to Danny Rose as first choice

I think the fact Spurs tried to sell him last summer and couldn't and tried to sell him in January and couldn't says all we need to know. However if he were to replace Fuchs then that would be a different story but if Chilwell is sold we need to go all out to get the best replacement we possibly can and that is a level beyond Danny Rose, I'd prefer Ryan Bertrand or Luke Shaw to Danny Rose as first choice
I agree, he’s a Fuchs replacement at best.

A combination of Chris Powell, Bruno Berner and Fuchs should see us through a Prem season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757