Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2020 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the fact Spurs tried to sell him last summer and couldn't and tried to sell him in January and couldn't says all we need to know. However if he were to replace Fuchs then that would be a different story but if Chilwell is sold we need to go all out to get the best replacement we possibly can and that is a level beyond Danny Rose, I'd prefer Ryan Bertrand or Luke Shaw to Danny Rose as first choice
Is that the Danny Rose who was keeping Ryan Bertrand and Luke Shaw out of the England team (until all three were surpassed by our Ben)?

Is that the Danny Rose who was keeping Ryan Bertrand and Luke Shaw out of the England team (until all three were surpassed by our Ben)?
Yep he’s fallen off a cliff the last 18 months or so, that’s why Spurs actively tried to sell him and failed twice, I don’t want the others either but both would be preferable to Rose as first choice

JJ looks very right sided on the ball, and with Ricardo both injured and likely to be a target too when fit, I don't think it's sensible to plan for him to be the starting left back

Never sign a player that would see your club as a 'step down' unless you have a rock solid plan for them. This is how we should continue to approach the transfer market.
Please feel free to bring up examples where we've not done this well.

I'll start with Roman Bednar and Diomansy Kamara

Never sign a player that would see your club as a 'step down' unless you have a rock solid plan for them. This is how we should continue to approach the transfer market.
Please feel free to bring up examples where we've not done this well.

I'll start with Roman Bednar and Diomansy Kamara
Would Tielemans have seen us as a step down? I don’t think that has worked badly though.

Would Tielemans have seen us as a step down? I don’t think that has worked badly though.

Maybe in terms of club, but in terms of setup, the fact that he really seems to get on with our players, and the plan to nurture him and make him a focal point, we seem to have done it with a plan!

Cambiasso defo saw us as a step down, which we were to such a decorated player. Still love that he came here, he obviously wanted to experience something different and he certainly had a memorable year.

Cambiasso defo saw us as a step down, which we were to such a decorated player. Still love that he came here, he obviously wanted to experience something different and he certainly had a memorable year.
Good shout

According to Vardy’s biography (yes it is a sad sad thing that I read it), Cambiasso was pretty well disliked by the team.

According to Vardy’s biography (yes it is a sad sad thing that I read it), Cambiasso was pretty well disliked by the team.
Well I enjoyed him watching him and played a pretty major part in us not going straight back down so ratboy Vardy can shove it. What’s he ever done for us?

I'd heard that but when Schmeichel was on Peter Crouch's podcast he said that he was extremely professional and pretty popular.

Again though I think Pearson managed him really carefully and almost wanted him to do that kind of management position. We didn’t exactly sign him as “just” a player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757