Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2020 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The smarter pundits did, they pointed out our slump came when he was out and talked about how vital he is

Wilf was playing terribly before he was out.

He's had bad spells where he couldn't pass 5 yards, he could barely play football under Puel (not surprising)

That being said, he's been fantastic for the majority of this season.

Not sure I see RM as a fit just yet if I'm honest

That article says another option for Real is Camavinga, but suggests the €75m reported price is an issue. I can’t see us wanting much less than that for Wilf? Doesn’t make sense to me.

Yes it just says we paid €17 million from Genk for him as if that's all they would have to pay

That article says another option for Real is Camavinga, but suggests the €75m reported price is an issue. I can’t see us wanting much less than that for Wilf? Doesn’t make sense to me.
I'd be amazed if we bent over for Real Madrid and took anything less than 90m for Wilf. He's actually more pivotal to us and our playing style than Mahrez was when he went, or Maguire.

1590690751565.png

Also seeing this - could he be a good Vardy replacement? I think next time we buy a striker we will be competing with the big boys. We have 50m to spend if we're qualifying for the UCL and he looks better value than Slim...

And we still don’t if we sign that clapped out twat
I can’t help but think of the Wes Morgan speculation thread, when you make statements like this :icon lol:

Sorry :056:

Note - I’m not saying anything about the quality Lallana may or may not give us.

I would rather have Lallana in the 25 than James, King or Mendy so its a good signing if not on silly money and a free transfer. He will help the younger ones with more experience in champs league, top of prem and england. He is also still a better player than all three of the fringe midfielders we have.

Obviously, who else would offer a massively injury prone player a nice long contract.

He'll have plenty of mates
Do yu have a spare room for him or is Matty James still in permenant situ?

Rob Tanner in The Athletic says we’re not after him (or Coutinho).

Interesting for two reasons.

Firstly, Tanner never reported this level of certainty when at the Mercury so he must have a contact who is prepared to disclose such things from within the Rodgers management team.

Secondly, apart from Evans, our record at signing senior players (say 26+) since the 2015 window is terrible. I am relieved if we're avoiding this market entirely.

I don't think either player suits our set up at all. We need to focus on 20-25 year olds, that are at the point in their career where they see a move to Leicester as a step up and/or an opportunity to get to within one step of a mega club.

We also have to reduce our wage bill, not add to it with punts on 'names' that are on the way down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757