Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2020 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
he's a right back, people are getting carried away with his 1 game at left back against a very poor Villa side, he's played cup games at right back and looked shaky as well
People got more than carried away with Soyuncu when we'd seen **** of him except a couple of exceptionally ropey performances. That worked out okay.

People got more than carried away with Soyuncu when we'd seen **** of him except a couple of exceptionally ropey performances. That worked out okay.
no people were going off of comments attributed to the manager stating that Soyuncu was ready to go and would slot straight into the team

Luton fans were claiming he had absolutely bags of potential at left back, as well as at right back (and maybe even as a winger)

I'm happy to go with their opinion, as they've watched him for a couple of seasons rather than a few games
they also watched him in the 3rd tier of football, I'm sure you'll agree its slightly higher in the prem. Regardless selling Chilwell, even if we did play Justin would still mean signing 2 full backs, 1 for each side which would still take up the bulk of whatever fee we would get for Chilwell

The Dickens puns seem to have dried up quickly.

Please sir, can we have some... more?

Better than rumours of Chilwell leaving!

If Chilwell is our usual 1 player summer sell off I think we’ve made out pretty well.

Sooner him than Ricardo, Barnes, Maddison, Tielemans, Soyuncu or Wilf.
we need to stop doing that unless its to a team outside of England, we are making 2 problems for ourselves, losing a key play and strengthening a rival, if the club want to become a big club they need to think like one too

we need to stop doing that unless its to a team outside of England, we are making 2 problems for ourselves, losing a key play and strengthening a rival, if the club want to become a big club they need to think like one too

that largely depends on the player. Not sure how much Drinkwater has improved Chelsea.

Man City would largely be unaltered by losing Mahrez.

Even Maguires efficacy at Man U is under some scrutiny.

Manchester United would be significantly weaker without Maguire, he's been one of their best players, which says more about them than him

Might well be the agent pushing the story out there. Spurs reckon their about to lose 200m this season (which I imagine will have a lot to do with their stadium) so I wonder if that will have an effect on clubs willingness to pay agents fees - in which case, it might be worth them holding on a year for a more normalised market to resume.

I cannot fathom why we'd consider selling Chilwell for any less than we sold Maguire for. Why on earth would that make any sense?

He's the regular England left back. I can only name one better left back in the Premier League. He's young and probably going to improve.

Why does the shit show of the last few months mean we should accept less money for him? We were about to announce a gazzilion pound investment in the stadium just before the season stopped. Why would we suddenly panic and let him go for less than his market value?

If Chelsea, or anyone, want to give us £80m for Chilwell, fair enough. I'm sure BR would get Tierney in for a quarter of that. If not, he stays put.

We aren't getting Tierney out of Arsenal for £20m they paid more then that last summer and he has major injury concerns

John Percy just retweeted something about Timo Werner joining Chelsea, he has a £50m+ buy out clause so that would be their big money transfer this summer

John Percy just retweeted something about Timo Werner joining Chelsea, he has a £50m+ buy out clause so that would be their big money transfer this summer
Timo Werner for £50m or Chilwell for potentially more? Hard choice really...

nothing really changes for me, I don't see any way Chelsea pay anywhere near a Maguire type fee for Chilwell this summer

You’d have to have rocks in your head or silly money on the table to skank us for anyone other than Liverpool, Man City or a European giant. With the exception of Ndidi and Ricardo I don’t think any of our crop are good enough to step up to that level yet anyway.

apparently a big factor that the press play up is his desire to live in London, well go live there then and commute, I don't think we need to insist all players live locally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757