Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2020 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Chelsea are only prepared to pay £45m for Chilwell.

The next three months . . .

Chelsea: "we'd like to buy the boy Chilwell and will offer you £45m"
Leicester: "£80m or no deal"
Chelsea: "oh, we'll get back to you"

Chelsea: "we'd like to buy the boy Chilwell and will offer you £50m English pounds"
Leicester: "(sighs) £80m or no deal"

Chelsea: "we'd like to buy the boy Chilwell and will offer you £50m and you can have Drinkwater back"
Leicester: "(giggles) £80m or no deal"

Chelsea: "we'd like to buy the boy Chilwell and will offer you £60m you lucky people"
Leicester: "(fed up now) £80m or no deal"

Chelsea: "we'd like to buy the boy Chilwell and will offer you the amazing amount of £70m"
Leicester: "(answerphone message) £80m or no deal"

Chelsea: "we'd like to buy the boy Chilwell and will offer you installments up to £80m"
Leicester: "we want it in cash - all paid up front"

And so on.

Think I might pop down to the local Mercedes showroom and offer them £45k for the car that's advertised at £80k with me saying that's all I'm prepared to pay I'm sure they won't tell me to **** off.

All played out constantly in the dogshit media, with Sky running pictures of him in a Chelsea shirt with a question mark by the side of him for weeks and weeks and weeks

FFS

All played out constantly in the dogshit media, with Sky running pictures of him in a Chelsea shirt with a question mark by the side of him for weeks and weeks and weeks

FFS
This is the bit I’m not looking forward to

Must be quite the warchest that they’ve given to their gaffer, Chelsea legend Frank Lampard. They’re on an incredible spending spree, hoovering up talent from the German Bundesliga and the Dutch top flight. Looks like they’ll be making a spectacular summer swoop for our England ace.

The bit I’m looking forward to most is every social media post by Chilwell and Maddison being met with 5000 ‘cum 2 chelsi’ or ‘cum 2 united’ comments.

*My iPhone is desperate for me to capitalise ‘United’ see it’s automatically done it just there. It can **** off.

its the dismissive attitude towards Leicester as a club that's started to piss me off, people in media still talking about us as though we're some bottom feeder club and there is no doubt Chilwell should leave, forget the fact we've been comfortably better than them all season, have a much better manager with enough money to compete should we choose to in the transfer market.

I think we need to send a message this summer. We need to make it clear we are no longer a selling club and with CL football, no one leaves, don't even set a price for Chilwell its simple he is not leaving.

Unless Chelsea want to give us £100m, Mount, Tomori, Abraham, Pulisic and Kante back.

FFS

B B B BINGOOOOOOO

Attachments

• 0C219E99-C71F-4B1F-900F-5E4F214BC392.jpeg
    0C219E99-C71F-4B1F-900F-5E4F214BC392.jpeg
    167.8 KB · Views: 51
its the dismissive attitude towards Leicester as a club that's started to piss me off, people in media still talking about us as though we're some bottom feeder club and there is no doubt Chilwell should leave, forget the fact we've been comfortably better than them all season, have a much better manager with enough money to compete should we choose to in the transfer market.

I think we need to send a message this summer. We need to make it clear we are no longer a selling club and with CL football, no one leaves, don't even set a price for Chilwell its simple he is not leaving.

Unless Chelsea want to give us £100m, Mount, Tomori, Abraham, Pulisic and Kante back.

I'm not sure it's true that we have enough money to compete in the transfer market against the traditional 'top 6'.

The next three months . . .

Chelsea: "we'd like to buy the boy Chilwell and will offer you £45m"
Leicester: "£80m or no deal"

Chelsea: "we'd like to buy the boy Chilwell and will offer you £50m English pounds"
Leicester: "(sighs) £80m or no deal"

Chelsea: "we'd like to buy the boy Chilwell and will offer you £50m and you can have Drinkwater back"
Leicester: "(giggles) £80m or no deal"

Chelsea: "we'd like to buy the boy Chilwell and will offer you £60m you lucky people"
Leicester: "(fed up now) £80m or no deal"

Chelsea: "we'd like to buy the boy Chilwell and will offer you the amazing amount of £70m"
Leicester: "(answerphone message) £80m or no deal"

Chelsea: "we'd like to buy the boy Chilwell and will offer you installments up to £80m"
Leicester: "we want it in cash - all paid up front"

And so on.

Before it eventually concludes with them matching the asking price on deadline day, us accepting it due to our gentlemen agreement with Chilwell that he can leave if they hit the asking price, and us selling for a good fee but no time to replace him.

“We need to write a transfer story”
“About Leicester”

okay.. well whatever you do, just make sure you just totally ignore everything we’ve learnt about how they do business, yeah?

Attachments

• 588CE12B-C98A-47D7-8A51-1D3F15074F07.jpeg
    588CE12B-C98A-47D7-8A51-1D3F15074F07.jpeg
    156.6 KB · Views: 59
“We need to write a transfer story”
“About Leicester”

okay.. well whatever you do, just make sure you just totally ignore everything we’ve learnt about how they do business, yeah?

The error here is that it isn't about Leicester. Leicester don't generate the clicks. The problem is that we have several players that the clickbait clubs want. So stories will always link our players with them because there are so many thicko generic Chelsea fans around the world that will click on it.

You will very rarely see a speculative story linking a player from a non clickbait club with another non clickbait club. There is no traction in it.

The conclusion here is that we have to accept it and get used to it. It's definitely better than not having our players linked in endless speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263