Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2020 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Trincão fellow looks to have all of the attributes we're looking for in an attacking player. Tonnes of skill, magic touch, speed, creativity. Of course this off YouTube so i could be talking crap. But let's hope not, i have a good feeling about him in my tummy wummy.

This Trincão fellow looks to have all of the attributes we're looking for in an attacking player. Tonnes of skill, magic touch, speed, creativity. Of course this off YouTube so i could be talking crap. But let's hope not, i have a good feeling about him in my tummy wummy.

Same here. He has to have something special for Barca to sign him, right?

But I really can't see this one happening - they only signed him in January, apparently don't want to sell but may have to so they can raise funds. But if that's the case, I expect others to come in for him.

Looks like it would be a real coup if we could swoop for this Barca wonderkid!

That must be the logic that West Ham are using to try to sign Martin Braithwaite.

I like Nacho a lot. But I think he needs to go for the good of his career.

I think he's good enough to be a regular starter for a bottom-half PL side and deserves the chance to show it.

I think he'd make a huge positive impact on Villa, Palace or Newcastle or another bottom half team without a decent striker.

I think he's good enough to be a regular starter for a bottom-half PL side and deserves the chance to show it.

I think he'd make a huge positive impact on Villa, Palace or Newcastle or another bottom half team without a decent striker.

I agree, I think he's at the point in his career as well where he needs to be playing regularly.

Selfishly though I hope we keep him, because I think he will still develop more and we'd regret letting him go - I could see him going to someone like a Palace, scoring plenty of goals, then getting a move back up to a Spurs/Everton.

A bit like if you watch Kramaric now, and think we never saw that player when he was here.

But I really can't see this one happening - they only signed him in January, apparently don't want to sell but may have to so they can raise funds. But if that's the case, I expect others to come in for him.

Barcelona will have hyped players who have failed miserably however they paid a good chunk of change for him and he really does look fantastic.

This guy looks very skiful, and skill and tricks can be executed well at different levels if that makes sense. Yes the quality of the defending is better the higher you play, but having the ability to do the actual skill is the hardest part. Learning to play against better defenders can be overcome by regular practice vs them.

I hope we can sign someone in the magic mould. We've got lots of options i think, just about correct scouting as to who would be able to cut it at this level.

It's a model that Barcelona use routinely. They sign someone, loan him out and then sell him at a profit. Everton signed Mina from them in exactly the same way. It enables Barcelona to report transfer profits without doing anything.

I don't think that we'd have made a bid unless there was some belief that there was a deal to do.

I don't think we should be strengthening our rivals in the relegation battle.

What exactly do Barcelona need to raise funds for? They intending to go back in for Neymar? Good to see some ambition but this Trincao move seems pretty frivolous when they've only just bought him themselves and clearly see him as one of the future greats if they've slapped a $500m release clause on his head..

What exactly do Barcelona need to raise funds for? They intending to go back in for Neymar? Good to see some ambition but this Trincao move seems pretty frivolous when they've only just bought him themselves and clearly see him as one of the future greats if they've slapped a $500m release clause on his head..
they have an ageing side on high wages they can't shift so need to sell anyone they can

they've only just bought him themselves and clearly see him as one of the future greats if they've slapped a $500m release clause on his head..
Well, Euros, but no, that’s not necessarily the case. All players registered to Spanish clubs must have a declared release fee in their contract. After PSG triggered Neymar’s, which was around €200m, Barcelona started putting higher release fees in player contracts. For example, Messi’s is €700m, Griezmann’s €800m. If you took the release fee as the actual value, their squad would be worth about 10 billion.

Lots of noise suggesting all of the 'big clubs' are looking to sign players and spend money.

We are going to struggle for an opportunity like last season again I think.

Fabrizio Romano

@FabrizioRomano

Marc André ter Stegen has agreed to sign a new contract with Barcelona. He’ll stay until June 2025 - confirmed by president Bartomeu. Trincão: Leicester also open to sign him on loan with buy option and NO obligation to buy. Barça don’t want to sell him.

I don't think that we'd have made a bid unless there was some belief that there was a deal to do.

Yeah, I didn't mean that we're wasting our time - I think it's great that we're making what looks like an ambitious move.

What I was getting at was more that if he does now become available and Barca are willing to negotiate, I could see other clubs coming in and us missing out.

Wolves are apparently now also after him.

Would you play him over Wilf?

If you played him with Wilf the Big Cags, Jonny and Schmeichel could basically stand around the goalposts smoking fags and talking about who's girlfriend has the biggest tits.
Nothing getting past N'd'i'd'i and the Kante twins.

If you played him with Wilf the Big Cags, Jonny and Schmeichel could basically stand around the goalposts smoking fags and talking about who's girlfriend has the biggest tits.
Nothing getting past N'd'i'd'i and the Kante twins.
but people complained when we have played 2 DMs before this would be 2 dms as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263