Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2020 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ismaila Sarr apparently close to sealing a loan to buy move to Palace.

Bizarre - surely someone else will come in for him?

We wanted him last summer, seems strange to not go back for him.

Two main reasons for this in my opinon:
1. Ricardo is a much better defender than Chilwell, which I've not seen anyone dispute. Ricardo is a much more complete full back than Chilwell, but he is also 3 years older and more experienced...

...I think Ricardo is one of the best all round RBs playing right now though, so Chilwell not being as good is not criticism of Chilwell

I agree with most of what you say, especially about Ricardo, however, for quite a while I had my doubts about him. I didn't think he was a good defender and was really a right sided midfielder/attacker, I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only one who thought this.

Ismaila Sarr apparently close to sealing a loan to buy move to Palace.

Bizarre - surely someone else will come in for him?

We wanted him last summer, seems strange to not go back for him.

Agree. Thought he looked decent when I've seen him play, although I think he's often using his pace to get to the byline and cross - which is a bit pointless for us when we'll probably only have Vardy in the box.

Maybe we're looking for someone who can cut inside a bit more?

Yep and some on here seam to think Chilwell is Roberto Carlos, with the excuse he doesn't need to defend because its the modern way.
I would rather we had a proper defender and a proper winger rather than a jack of all trades but master of none which is what Chilwell is.
FWIW, Luke Thomas has showed better defensive capabilities than Chilwell often shows in just a few matches.

Lyon are prepared to sell former Chelsea winger Bertrand Traore this summer and he has been watched by a long list of Premier League clubs including Newcastle United, Leicester City, Everton and Crystal Palace.

Lyon paid Chelsea £9m for Traore three years ago after he had impressed during loan spells at Vitesse Arnhem and Ajax.

Only the Merc - https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/...lie-watkins-leicester-villa-sheffield-4414637

Leicester City 'new favourites' to sign Ollie Watkins
Aston Villa and Sheffield United have both been linked with a move for the Brentford forward

ByChris WatsonDigital football writer
13:02, 11 AUG 2020

Leicester City have emerged as the new favourites to sign Brentford striker Ollie Watkins, according to the bookmakers.
Watkins is being tipped for a summer move to the Premier League after the Bees narrowly missed out on promotion to the top flight.
Aston Villa and Sheffield United have both been linked with the former Exeter City star, who scored 26 goals for Brentford during the 2019-20 season.
But the Foxes have now overtaken Villa as front runners with the bookies.

"Leicester City are the new clear favourites in the race to sign Brentford attacker Ollie Watkins, following a flurry of bets on the move," says Oddschecker.
"In the last 24 hours, bookies have cut odds from 12/1 all the way into just 6/4, as money continues to be placed on Brendan Rodgers' side.
"During that same time frame, a whopping 62% of all bets in the market has backed the Foxes to add another exciting English attacker to their ranks."
Villa's odds have drifted from 11/10 out to 5/2, with the Blades currently priced at 7/2, having previously been as short as 6/4.

Crystal Palace are listed as 8/1 shots to sign Watkins, followed by Brighton (11/1), Leeds (12/1), West Ham (20/1) and West Brom (25/1).
Oddschecker spokesperson Callum Wilson said: “After Brentford's failure to secure promotion to the Premier League, a battle to sign striker Ollie Watkins became an inevitability.
“Sheffield United were previously favourites to sign the hitman, but Leicester City's interest, with the European football they can offer, might just sway Watkins to head to the East Midlands.”
Leicester have also been linked with Watkins' Brentford team-mate Said Benrahma.

Played every game and 2goals and 6 assists. Burnley will see that as being worth £60m so I think we'd be better off sticking with Demarai Gray..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757