Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2020 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is all good business for my football manager 2021 save.

Hopefully I can still sell Mendy to palace for 12 million as well.

I spoke to a friend who's a Juve fan, watches plenty of Serie A and he says if Under can show the same form from 18/19 then at £20m it's an absolute steal.

He also said that he reckons he'd be better suited to the Premier League.

Leicester close to signing Roma winger Cengiz Ünder
Brendan Rodgers keen to make Turkey international second signing of the summer

ByJohn Percy16 September 2020 • 3:51pm

Brendan Rodgers is close to making his second summer signing with the capture of Roma winger Cengiz Ünder.
The Turkey international could fly into England for a medical in the next 48 hours as Leicester edge nearer to thrashing out a loan deal for the season.
Ünder is a team-mate of Çağlar Söyüncü at international level and is highly regarded in Serie A, with Rodgers offering him a big move to the Premier League.
Rodgers, the Leicester manager, has been determined to add wingers to his squad and admitted last Friday he was keen to introduce more "invention".
Ünder scored seven goals in his first season at Roma, though his progress in recent months has been held back by a succession of injuries.
The 23 year old could sign permanently at the end of the season as part of the agreement with the Italian club.
Leicester are confident of closing a deal before their game against Burnley on Sunday evening.
Rodgers has already signed Timothy Castagne from Atalanta for a fee of around £20million.
Leicester also have just over £20million to spend on a new centre-back, with negotiations ongoing with Saint-Etienne for Wesley Fofana.
Wilfred Ndidi filled in at centre-half in the 3-0 win at West Bromwich Albion on Sunday, due to an absence of defenders.
Jonny Evans is suspended for another two games, while Wes Morgan and Filip Benkovic are both struggling with injuries.

Tin helmet on... they aren’t that much better than Gray. Was he a bench player like Gray?

Obligation to buy is also a steaming turd. Either loan him or buy him. Hopefully we aren’t obligated unless he makes a certain number of appearances. I fear we are replacing much with muchness.

Cengiz Under.

Does anyone have an accurate pronunciation for that?

So far I'm getting a Carry On film vibe.

Or possibly Up Pompeii
I think his first name is pronounced Genghis which, on its own, is a good reason to sign him. We've never had a Genghis, and neither has anyone else in the Premier league to my knowledge.

Some more stats...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265