Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2020 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't imressed with what I saw in the video. He's confident but I don't think he's as good as he thinks he is. But thats just one game.

Anyway..... without further comment....

He takes free-kicks and corners for Turkey. Madders will be sweating.

I don't think he plays anything like Mahrez apart from cutting in from right hand side.

Mahrez is very unique in his skillset. The ball sticks to his feet. It's not just the odd stepover and running past defenders, he glides around them with so much finesse. He does 5 stepovers in a row, nutmegs, then he flicks it behind and cuts back. Mahrez makes the defender fall on his arse or in some cases myltiple defendeders fall on their arse. He doesn't try to run past them, he sneaks past them like the Pink Panther.

I don't think we'll ever find someone like him again. I think Benrahma is a similar option though not the same. But Ünder seems more like a Barnes/Gray hybrid type player. He runs past defenders fairly easily, has some skill and can take players on. I think he's faster than Mahrez too. He seems the type to knock the ball past you with space and run.
If he can control the ball like Barnes and Gray then we are fooked! If this lad can beat his oppo and deliver real quality then we have a good buy on our hands imo

If he can control the ball like Barnes and Gray then we are fooked! If this lad can beat his oppo and deliver real quality then we have a good buy on our hands imo

So if he's shit he's a bad signing and if he's good he's a good signing?

Considered applying for the Soccer Saturday panel?

Cengiz certainly has pace - looks like he might be able to keep up with Vardy. Look forward to seeing him on the wing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757