Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2020 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he having a sulk or a dig?

He does this at every club. It's fair enough here as his reputation is on the line with this job. He needs to be given the players to improve. The problem is that our finances are fecked and the market hasn't collapsed (yet) so clubs are still asking 'old' money for players.

My take is that we're playing a game of dare with clubs interested in our players (Silva, Slimani, Ghezzal, Amartey, James, Gray, Albrighton, Iheanacho, Benkovic, Choudhury) because we want to sell for decent money and buying clubs just want loans or cheap deals.

We can't hold out for much longer. Diabate has gone now and that must trigger a load of the above moving on too. We won't get rid of them all but I think BR would be happy enough to lose any of them.

I'm interested in what three positions we're trying to improve still. We know we're desperate for a centre back. I wonder if we're after two of them. I can't see the sense in making a big signing for that position unless he's going to play - circa £30m on a Fofana or a Tarkowski. They are signing to play. That means that BR wants to move to a back three as he's not going to drop Evans or Soyuncu. If so, we need another centre back for cover/rotation too surely?

Elsewhere, we were linked with a lot of left backs and then signed a right back. Do we still want a left back? If not, I think we're gambling there. Justin or Fuchs or Thomas are not good enough.

If we move to a 3-4-3 formation, it changes a few players roles. Maddison becomes one of the front three rather than one of the midfield three. Our two in central midfield from four (Mendy, Ndidi, Tielemans, Praet) looks fine. I think he wants another forward player.

So it's probably two centre backs and a forward. Or one centre back, one forward and a left back. That's giving Rudkin a massive challenge in the next nine days.

He does this at every club. It's fair enough here as his reputation is on the line with this job. He needs to be given the players to improve. The problem is that our finances are fecked and the market hasn't collapsed (yet) so clubs are still asking 'old' money for players.

My take is that we're playing a game of dare with clubs interested in our players (Silva, Slimani, Ghezzal, Amartey, James, Gray, Albrighton, Iheanacho, Benkovic, Choudhury) because we want to sell for decent money and buying clubs just want loans or cheap deals.

We can't hold out for much longer. Diabate has gone now and that must trigger a load of the above moving on too. We won't get rid of them all but I think BR would be happy enough to lose any of them.

I'm interested in what three positions we're trying to improve still. We know we're desperate for a centre back. I wonder if we're after two of them. I can't see the sense in making a big signing for that position unless he's going to play - circa £30m on a Fofana or a Tarkowski. They are signing to play. That means that BR wants to move to a back three as he's not going to drop Evans or Soyuncu. If so, we need another centre back for cover/rotation too surely?

Elsewhere, we were linked with a lot of left backs and then signed a right back. Do we still want a left back? If not, I think we're gambling there. Justin or Fuchs or Thomas are not good enough.

If we move to a 3-4-3 formation, it changes a few players roles. Maddison becomes one of the front three rather than one of the midfield three. Our two in central midfield from four (Mendy, Ndidi, Tielemans, Praet) looks fine. I think he wants another forward player.

So it's probably two centre backs and a forward. Or one centre back, one forward and a left back. That's giving Rudkin a massive challenge in the next nine days.

Yep, I still think priorities will be centre back, forward, full back - or another centre back if he wants to go 3 at the back.

I think the forward would be wide man who can play up front, but that could change - if we sign an out and out winger, Perez becomes our back up striker. If we sign a striker, Perez is the back up winger.

Tarkowski not in burnley squad. Because he's being transferred or due to injury? If the latter, the last thing we need is to spend £40 million on someone we can't use.

'injured'

A reputable source on twitter is saying that there is no 'toe injury'. He's downed tools and is refusing to play for Burnley as he wants to join Leicester. He wanted the move last summer and backed down but it doesn't look like he's that way inclined this time.

For some context, he did exactly the same thing to get his move from Brentford to Burnley four years ago.

It seems as though Burnley are due to sign Worrell from Forest as replacement but he's injured.

A reputable source on twitter is saying that there is no 'toe injury'. He's downed tools and is refusing to play for Burnley as he wants to join Leicester. He wanted the move last summer and backed down but it doesn't look like he's that way inclined this time.

For some context, he did exactly the same thing to get his move from Brentford to Burnley four years ago.

It seems as though Burnley are due to sign Worrell from Forest as replacement but he's injured.
Frank?

I thought that young Irish lad who made his debut looked pretty good, for them at least, they don't need some bloke from the Championship basement

BBC Sport is saying Burnley have turned the offer down. I can see this being one of those games of brinkmanship that goes all the way to the end of transfer window. Hopefully we'll be the right side of it this time

gone quiet on here hasn't it? If Rodgers can get Amartey and Mendy performing like that, the management will want him to dust Slimani off rather than spend £££ on a new forward.
Would still like to see Fofana or Tarkowski and a forward. If Vardy gets injured we are very very exposed.

Supposedly Fofana had posted to Instagram him watching the game last night. Also still liking a lot of the club's posts. Seems to be gagging for it. Think he'd be a much better buy than Tarkowski. Personally I think he's too old and don't really see what his strengths are. He seems to be more of an old fashioned CB. Fofana is strong for his age and good with the ball at his feet. Also pretty tall which is one of weaknesses right now - not a lot of aerial presence. Aside from Ndidi you couldn't pick anyone in the squad that's good in the air (obviously discounting Slimani who is clearly not in Rodgers' plans)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3882
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3967
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757