Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2020 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tarkowski is perfect age wise. 27 is coming towards peak for a centre back. Would add some good experience to the side too and is used to the Prem.

I feel he and Fofana would be very different types of signing. Maybe we want both?

I think Tarkowski would be a great signing, whereas I dont know enough about Fofana to know.

I agree a striker is needed though! You see Vardy struggling with a knock in a game and I instantly start panicking.

Tarkowski is also 9 years younger than Wes Morgan, and 7 years younger than Fuchs. Not to mention 6 years younger than Schmeichel and Vardy. It’s ridiculous to say he’s too old.

Tarkowski has no “resale” value, which I think is the larger point.

Who gives a shit about resale value - we want him to play for us, not sell on to somebody else

He could play here for the next five/six years, so resale value is irrelevant unless he turns out to be shite and we want to be rid of him

If we are to play a back three, he’s light years ahead of any other option we have

Who gives a shit about resale value - we want him to play for us, not sell on to somebody else

He could play here for the next five/six years, so resale value is irrelevant unless he turns out to be shite and we want to be rid of him

If we are to play a back three, he’s light years ahead of any other option we have

I mean, I'm not arguing with you, just pointing out the clubs long-established policy on signings. I think he'd be a good, albeit expensive, signing.

So Fofana, Tarkowski, Tah, Akanji and the guy from Torino?

Glad to see we've hopefully learnt from past mistakes and seem to be exploring plenty of options to get deals done!

Still wonder if the number of names linked means we are looking to bring in more than 1 though...

Is he not going to want to start constantly? I can’t see us dropping Evans or Soyuncu and I can’t see us constantly playing 3 at the back either :102:

still, it’s not my selection problem.

Surely having multiple players for a position is a good thing.

If Ndidi was fit now he wouldn’t deserve to play over.Mendy. Praet deserves to keep his place over Maddison. And if Castagne is to stay at right back he wouldn’t be dropped for a fit Ricardo.

That’s no shade on Ndidi, Maddison, or Ricardo. Just a sign that to be successful you need more than 11 regulars, and a strong bench who push those starting to perform.

if Tarkowski pushes Soyuncu and Evans to consistently perform then he’s a good signing.

The Mail says we are moving closer to signing Tarkowski. Our £30m bid was rejected but they say £37m would be enough...

They also say the other 2 signings we want to make are a central midfielder and striker.

Elsewhere, another new centre back name has been linked - Kurt Zouma. Although we are apparently competing with Everton for that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263