Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2020 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sign Tarkowski & Fofana IMO. Tarkowski will play 25-30 games in rotation with Evans this season, of our c50 games. In big games we can play a top class 3 at the back which we have proven we can now deliver.
25-30 games & Europa League for a top 6 side should give Tarkowski all the chance he needs to prove his case for Euro2021 selection.
At the same time, sign Fofana and loan himback to St Etienne.
At the end of the season no doubt Barca, Liverpool, Man Utd etc will start circling for either Soyuncu or Ricardo or both
We can then move on to Castagne, Fofana, Tarkowski, Evans, Justin/Thomas and trouser probably £100m. Meaning we've evolved again and made £50m in the process.

Clear we have multiple deals lined up in case one falls through. I do wonder who is the number 1 target. Suspect Fofana.

I suspect Fofana, but still come back to him and Tarkowski being very different types of target, so I do wonder if we're after both... Fofana definitely feels like one for the future, so would be 3rd choice but Tarkowski would only come for a lot more game time - but then if we signed both then it's even harder to give Tarkowski more game time.

Tah and Akanji would sit somewhere between the two...

I suspect Fofana, but still come back to him and Tarkowski being very different types of target, so I do wonder if we're after both... Fofana definitely feels like one for the future, so would be 3rd choice but Tarkowski would only come for a lot more game time - but then if we signed both then it's even harder to give Tarkowski more game time.

Tah and Akanji would sit somewhere between the two...
I've only ever watched Tarkowski play, out of those listed above and, even then, that's mainly only when we've played against them (Burnley aren't exactly top of my watch list), so I've got no idea how good any of them are.

I think you could see Fofana this window and Tarkowski in the next.

I also have a sneaky feeling Evans isn’t signing a new deal. Tarkowski the long term replacement.

I think you could see Fofana this window and Tarkowski in the next.

I also have a sneaky feeling Evans isn’t signing a new deal. Tarkowski the long term replacement.

This would make sense.

Except Evans would have to have a very good offer (eg Man City, Man Utd) lined up for him to already know he wants to go elsewhere at the end of the season - and I don't see that happening for a player at his age and injury record.

But I do think Tarkowski could be seen as that Evans replacement for sure, so we are getting in now to make that happen.

Sign Tarkowski & Fofana IMO. Tarkowski will play 25-30 games in rotation with Evans this season, of our c50 games. In big games we can play a top class 3 at the back which we have proven we can now deliver.
25-30 games & Europa League for a top 6 side should give Tarkowski all the chance he needs to prove his case for Euro2021 selection.
At the same time, sign Fofana and loan himback to St Etienne.
At the end of the season no doubt Barca, Liverpool, Man Utd etc will start circling for either Soyuncu or Ricardo or both
We can then move on to Castagne, Fofana, Tarkowski, Evans, Justin/Thomas and trouser probably £100m. Meaning we've evolved again and made £50m in the process.

Or we could keep Ricardo and Soyuncu and whichever one of our players is the next to be wanted by a ‘top’ team.

And, in your scenario, we could not loan Fofana back to France, and instead give him a year to get used to the club and to life in England, and ease him into the style of footballl in England with the odd game, like we did with Soyuncu. So in a year he is ready if needed to be a regular.

Hopefully them slapping him with a price tag doesn’t start a bidding war. Perhaps he could issue a ‘come and get me’ plea to lessen the impact on our warchest, assuming we are still interested in making a swoop for the Burnley and England ace, 27.

Our start position this season is surely a big
advantage going into deadline day. Imagine we were 0 from 3 and needing to lure a European quality player.

No wonder Fofana is super eager, along with the money and family securities obviously.

Seems the perfect time to battle for an ambitious young striker after three goal filled performances. Show them clips of Tielemans and Maddison and have them frothing. The only downside is Everton have the same appeal.

If I’m even half surprised as I was on Sunday we will have a great few days of signings.

advantage going into deadline day. Imagine we were 0 from 3 and needing to lure a European quality player.

No wonder Fofana is super eager, along with the money and family securities obviously.

Seems the perfect time to battle for an ambitious young striker after three goal filled performances. Show them clips of Tielemans and Maddison and have them frothing. The only downside is Everton have the same appeal.

If I’m even half surprised as I was on Sunday we will have a great few days of signings.

I agree about our strong start - and the fact we've looked exciting in attack - will be an attractive prospect to players.

I'm hoping our strong start and the result against Man City will also encourage the club to spend, because they know we can push again but need to avoid repeat of last season

My impression is that, when we sign
Hopefully them slapping him with a price tag doesn’t start a bidding war. Perhaps he could issue a ‘come and get me’ plea to lessen the impact on our warchest, assuming we are still interested in making a swoop for the Burnley and England ace, 27.
Tabloid Ted Strikes Again!

BIB: doesn't seem any point to me you'd have a hard time convincing them they will play enough when our second choice barely gets a game, that said if we could sell Iheanacho then pick up someone like you describe it might work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757