Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2021 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leicester City could face competition from Premier League rivals Arsenal and Aston Villafor Celtic's former France Under-21 striker Odsonne Edouard, 23. (Leicester Mercury)

That can't be the same Odsonne Edouard that I've watched can it? Seems firmly in the 'taking a punt' category to me. Maybe he had a poor game that day but I saw nothing special about him.

Edit: I decided to watch a YT video, just to satisfy my curiosity, and I think he must have had a bad day when I saw him. He does have a decent touch to be fair but I remain undecided.

Last edited:
That can't be the same Odsonne Edouard that I've watched can it? Seems firmly in the 'taking a punt' category to me. Maybe he had a poor game that day but I saw nothing special about him.

Edit: I decided to watch a YT video, just to satisfy my curiosity, and I think he must have had a bad day when I saw him. He does have a decent touch to be fair but I remain undecided.

He could be brilliant....or he could just be playing in Scotland. Impossible to tell really.

But how many games of tennis can he play a week?

so there is some talk that Chelsea will sell Tammy Abraham this summer, we will no doubt be linked, he wouldn't be my first choice but he is someone I'd consider

Tammy or Nacho? Tammy for me. He’s not a Vardy replacement. Struggle to think who is aside Ings

so there is some talk that Chelsea will sell Tammy Abraham this summer, we will no doubt be linked, he wouldn't be my first choice but he is someone I'd consider
No ****ing way - his positional sense is complete bobbins.
Even when Frank Lampard was playing him every single week he just didn't seem to know when to get into the box. There is a reason Tuchel is not playing him.

No ****ing way - his positional sense is complete bobbins.
Even when Frank Lampard was playing him every single week he just didn't seem to know when to get into the box. There is a reason Tuchel is not playing him.
he's scored 21 goals in 56 league games for Chelsea, that tells me he knows when to get into the box, I'd also back Brendan to improve him like he has Barnes

Abraham is one of those players (and we all have them don't we???) that I quite inexplicably dislike. I'd hate that we'd sign him because then I 'd have to confront my own irrationality.

He's better than Nacho but so am I, just about

Avoid

He fits our model:

Young, room for improvement, and with a point to prove.

Add in that he's proven himself capable of goals at the Premier League level and it wouldn't surprise me at all if we go for him.

the price Chelsea would want would likely prevent any deal but look at the strikers we get linked with, Edouard, Toney etc. he is more proven then others

Can sometimes look a little unorthodox at times but he certainly knows where the net is.

I honestly think we need to move away from relying on pure speed for a striker as someone who can hold the ball up to release our equally quick wingers would be just as advantageous.

Striker and a right winger surely have to be our priorities in the summer plus replacing whichever first team player we sell of course.

I think we'd be mad to overlook Abraham and let someone like Everton or Villa pick him up instead.

Wouldn't be surprised if he was tempted by a move abroad though if he does leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757