Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2021 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
She is built like the proverbial brick shithouse, and I say that not as any form of ism. A real powerhouse of an athlete, she batters opponents in a most fearsome manner. A defensive midfield role beckons.

She is built like the proverbial brick shithouse, and I say that not as any form of ism. A real powerhouse of an athlete, she batters opponents in a most fearsome manner. A defensive midfield role beckons.
It's well understood that for elite tennis players, better conditioning and massive leaps in racket design and materials have given the super-talented five or more years extra life at the top. Serena, goddess that she is, has pushed this a bit too far, and barely moves on court, relying on brute power, years of experience and cunning, and intimidation - a fast diminishing resource for her over the last couple of years.

Rather than draft her in, I'd suggest giving Wes Morgan a big tennis racket and see if it extends his life, or shortens his opponents'.

It's well understood that for elite tennis players, better conditioning and massive leaps in racket design and materials have given the super-talented five or more years extra life at the top. Serena, goddess that she is, has pushed this a bit too far, and barely moves on court, relying on brute power, years of experience and cunning, and intimidation - a fast diminishing resource for her over the last couple of years.

Rather than draft her in, I'd suggest giving Wes Morgan a big tennis racket and see if it extends his life, or shortens his opponents'.
Have Serena or big Wes ever been seen together...

Have Serena or big Wes ever been seen together...
Only on a tennis court in a doubles match. Mind you, they both got injured. Pulled groins apparently.

It’s in the Sun so take it for what it’s worth but they say we are after Ivan Toney for around £25m

Well I guess £15M is near chump change these days. I just hope we don't get a chump.

But this is just gossip in the Mail, no? And there's been gossip about our links with him for some time now, so I 'm not reading it as a done deal, "closing in" or no.

Well I guess £15M is near chump change these days. I just hope we don't get a chump.

But this is just gossip in the Mail, no? And there's been gossip about our links with him for some time now, so I 'm not reading it as a done deal, "closing in" or no.
"Closing in" could very easily mean "sent him a gift basket of Thorntons". There's nothing substantiated in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757