Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2021 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gosens is pure class. Would expect him to be too expensive though.

I can't see us spending on a left back. Much more likely a loan.

This might be a moot point after your subsequent post, but I disagree here - I think left back might now be our priority position for the summer.

Ricardo and Castagne are both very ineffective on that side, and Thomas clearly isn't ready yet and needs a loan. And we have no idea when JJ will be back or, based on Ricardo's return especially, how long it will take him to get back up to speed.

None of those 5 suggested positions surprise me though, we've clearly been looking at all of those for a while (left back probably newly back on the list). I'm still not totally convinced we need a centre mid, but assume if we do it will be more of an attacking midfielder. Mendy is Ndidi's backup, Youri has Praet, but we don't have an alternative to Maddison.

If Rodgers prefers playing three at the back it makes sense that we would prioritise having lots of options for versatile wing backs. Overall it's very exciting to see that our club wants to keep adding depth to the squad. Hopefully we only sell one player this season and that the player we sell is not a Mr Youri Tielemans.

Rumours of Robin Gosens from Atalanta potentially joining.

LM/LWB I think?

Did we basically just get confused and sign the wrong player from them last summer?
Gosens was linked last summer, alongside Castagne. Fairly sure someone said we’d be signing both.

I think it just means we will be sticking with this system, and trying to compete by having two good options in each position.

Castagne and Ricardo RWB
Justin and Gosens LWB

My only concern there is that gives us more strength in depth than practically any club in Europe.

It's like us adding another central defender too, it's too much strength.

There must be sales.

My only concern there is that gives us more strength in depth than practically any club in Europe.

It's like us adding another central defender too, it's too much strength.

There must be sales.

Ricardo and Castagne on the right seems almost excessive, but Gosens and JJ for the left seems alright, especially considering injury.

But when you consider Gosens can also play LM, Justin can also play CB in a 3, and Ricardo can play RM, then maybe its just about having options.

We will lose Morgan, Fuchs, loan out Thomas, probably sell Amartey - all of whom have had significant game time this season - so it's just providing more quality options, which is what we've lacked

Champs League will mean we go 4 or 5 players in 1 big 1 out. No champs league means 2 or 3 big ones out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757