Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2021 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots in here from the Percy.

- £40m minimum if we qualify for Champs League
- means we might avoid our usual policy of a big sale each summer
- strong links to Gosens, Eduoard and the French midfielder
- Hamza available in the summer

£40 sounds like **** all these days.

We'll need to keep qualifying to have any hope of it meaning anything.

We also need the owners to either stump up the sponds for sponsorship (shirt, stadium etc) or actually put it out to tender to get market value. This is one area where our revenues should be massively increased.

We also need the owners to either stump up the sponds for sponsorship (shirt, stadium etc) or actually put it out to tender to get market value. This is one area where our revenues should be massively increased.
£40 is **** all. £40,000,000 however is still a reasonable amount of money

Strongly agree about the tender. Our shirt sponsorships are meagre compared to those we are competing with (source: statista.com 2019/20 deals)
1619781593985.png

Strongly agree about the tender. Our shirt sponsorships are meagre compared to those we are competing with (source: statista.com 2019/20 deals)
View attachment 16023

I wonder if we might get a new shirt sponsor this summer.

King Power has obviously seen their own revenue significantly reduced, and while international travel still isn't likely to be a big thing over the next year then maybe the brand exposure won't be as important to them as an additional revenue stream would be.

I'd imagine we've also raised our club profile significantly, and the club has a good 'brand' to attach to.

We're also now an 'A' club from Adidas - not sure if this also brings in more money from them.

I wonder if we might get a new shirt sponsor this summer.

King Power has obviously seen their own revenue significantly reduced, and while international travel still isn't likely to be a big thing over the next year then maybe the brand exposure won't be as important to them as an additional revenue stream would be.

I'd imagine we've also raised our club profile significantly, and the club has a good 'brand' to attach to.

We're also now an 'A' club from Adidas - not sure if this also brings in more money from them.
I would imagine they'll keep the stadium name and go with a new shirt sponsor as I don't think naming rights for stadiums are nearly as valuable?

Isn't it weird how American Express sponsor Brighton?

Outside of Man Utd, Man City and Arsenal, they're pretty much the only ones with a recognisable sponsor.

All the rest are basically just random betting companies.

Looking at that list makes me realise shirt sponsorship feels very different to the 90s!

Isn't it weird how American Express sponsor Brighton?

Outside of Man Utd, Man City and Arsenal, they're pretty much the only ones with a recognisable sponsor.

All the rest are basically just random betting companies.

Looking at that list makes me realise shirt sponsorship feels very different to the 90s!

Amex head office is in Brighton I think.

Be careful what you wish for... OK, they may not pay the most for shirt sponsorship, but they are still the best owners that we could wish to have.

Money gets to the club, from King Power, in many ways.
Any business not maximising it's revenue streams in a highly competitive industry is massing a trick.

We could pull an extra £30m a year in sponsorship next year with CL. That's some bloody good players salaries that BR could use.

I agree we have great owners, but when we spend more on wages than generated revenue then it would be madness to not maximise the revenue stream.

Amex head office is in Brighton I think.

Ah that makes a bit more sense then. Kind of...

Still a weird way for a global company to sponsor a team.

But someone must be a fan!
Or they think Brighton is full of potential Amex customers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861