Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2021 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently, King Powers current shirt sponsorship agreement was made before we got promoted and expires after this season. Increasing it before now would apparently be seen as suspicious for FFP. So I expect it will go up for next season when it can legitimately be increased - though King Powers financial position may limit what it increases to.

So we'll be getting plenty off the wage bill this summer. This should give us some more wriggle room in the transfer market. By my reckoning (according to spotrac):

Slimani (£80k p/w) and Gray (£55k p/w) - although they've already left, we're still paying out wages until the end of the season.

Morgan (£60k p/w), Fuchs (£50k p/w), Jakupovic (£23k p/w) and James (£32k p/w) are all out of contract.

We'll also return to sender - Under (£94k p/w).

That's £20.5m off the wage bill from players currently contributing nothing. Hopefully, that gives us scope to secure Soyuncu, Ricardo and Tielemans onto new deals if they're interested in signing them.

Add to that, we'll be trying to sell off a few. The obvious candidates are: Benkovic (£32k p/w), Ghezzal (£45k p/w), Choudhury (£7.5k p/w), Amartey (£21k p/w). That would save another £5.5m. Ghezzal and Amartey have one year left on their contracts whereas Choudhury and Benkovic have two years. We could maybe get £15m for the lot.

When the main loanees return, that leaves us with:

Schmeichel, Ward, Iversen

Ricardo, Fofana, Soyuncu, Evans, Castagne, Thomas, Justin + New CB (rumoured Tarkowski) and LB (rumoured Gosens)

Mendy, Praet, Maddison, Tielemans, Ndidi, Dewsbury-Hall, Albrighton + New CM (rumoured Soumare)

Perez, Vardy, Iheanacho, Barnes, Sowah + New RW (several rumours) and CF (rumoured Edouard)

Even accounting for all the releases, and hopeful sales, we still have at least three too many here. If we make the CL, we may not need to sell a main player this summer but we'll need to lose others to generate some income - maybe a Praet and/or a Perez? Maybe the returning loanees will go out again. Who knows.

to improve the squad i think he will be looking at Mendy and thinking Soumare would come and take his place in the squad. Soumare, Praet and Dewsbury-Hall then give us really good alternatives for Ndidi, Tielemans, Maddison through the season
1 of Sowah or Leshabela feel like they will come in as a 3rd tier option in the wide areas.
Having Iversen, Thomas, Dewsbury-Hall, Sowah/Leshabela and Barnes in the squad after having sold Chilwell for £50m will be a good advert for the youth and u23 set up.
Really hopeful that Dewsbury-Hall and Sowah will kick on similar to Chilwell and Barnes.

We definitely seem to have a very defined list of targets this summer.

Soumare
Eduoard
Gosens

Wonder how many of those 3 we will get?

No attacking mid or right winger links yet though despite our continued efforts there.

Biggest signing this summer will be a Vardy replacement surely?
I hope this comes back to haunt me, but I'm still not convinced on Nacho. I just think he has the potential to be completely shit, just as much as he's completely amazing at the moment.

Biggest signing this summer will be a Vardy replacement surely?
I hope this comes back to haunt me, but I'm still not convinced on Nacho. I just think he has the potential to be completely shit, just as much as he's completely amazing at the moment.
Wouldn't surprise me if Barnes will play more in Vardys role especially if we sign Gosens

So, if we can get shirt sponsorship next year of £40+million, we can officially be in the Big 7?

Wasn't there very briefly a big 7 when Marco Silva was at Everton? They got relegated from the Big clubs once it became apparent he was absolutely wank.

The Athletic is reporting that both Leicester and Everton are among a host of clubs preparing bids for Ivan Toney.

One of those other clubs has to be Wham surely? Otherwise it must be bollocks.

And apparently Gosens wants to stay in Serie A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758