Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2021 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we are signing a central midfielder from very likely to be champions of ligue 1. How times change.

The comparisons between Soumare and Yaya Toure make me very excited about this transfer.

Different to what we've got. I assumed he was more of an Ndidi type or a Tielemans alternative, but he actually sounds like a very different type of midfielder to what we've got already.

Plus players like Yaya Toure and Vieira (yes that is big expectations) are great players to watch

The comparisons between Soumare and Yaya Toure make me very excited about this transfer.

Different to what we've got. I assumed he was more of an Ndidi type or a Tielemans alternative, but he actually sounds like a very different type of midfielder to what we've got already.

Plus players like Yaya Toure and Vieira (yes that is big expectations) are great players to watch

From what I've seen of him, he has the ability to intercept and regain possession, not quite but almost, at the standard of Ndidi but he carries the ball much better. He's not really like Tielemans at all.

Over recent seasons, the only player we've had in midfield that carries it forward like him I can remember is Kante. He's also big and strong which we desperately need more of in the side. He's an engine room player and a massive step up from any of our current support midfielders - Mendy, Choudhury, Praet.

Hopefully, he isn't coming in as a replacement for one of Tielemans or Ndidi - although that is possible. I'm hoping that we have - Ndidi, Soumare, Tielemans, Dewsbury-Hall, Mendy - as our central midfielders for next season. That would be very strong. For me, Praet and Choudhury will be surplus to requirements.

Choudhury is lucky to have been here as long as he has and Praet, for all his obvious qualities, just doesn't suit a BR team.

Praet has fallen big time out of favour towards the end of the season hasn’t he? He has been fit hasn’t he?

Praet has fallen big time out of favour towards the end of the season hasn’t he? He has been fit hasn’t he?
He's never been in favour has he, really? Pretty easy to see why. He's bang average; we need better than average.

you can imagine Soumare Ndidi and Tielemans playing in the same midfield and freeing Maddison to play higher up

I firmly believe that Praet has a lot to offer and is exactly the kind of squad player we need for a Champions League campaign.

I’m not sure why I think that though.

I think Praet is pretty underrated. Clearly behind Tielemans, Maddison and Ndidi but really can't understand how he doesn't get in ahead of Perez when the opportunity is there.....

Soumare sounds like a great addition anyway. My gut instinct is he'll probably be a replacement for Ndidi who will be one allowed to leave this year if there's the interest but maybe we'll finally start bucking the trend. Hopefully Robin Gosens at LB too as another one to get excited about. Then would like to see another striker and creative wide player which would be a more difficult task...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757