Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2021 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course we can, it’s called evolution. I agree with all the positives that have been said about Albrighton. But the reality is that for all his effort and commitment, he doesn’t improve our first 11 now. At the back end of last season when our attack was severely lacking options, he wasn’t able to add anything to it. This might seem harsh. but if we want to improve, there is little room for sentiment.
I’m sorry but sentiment (amongst loyalty and other virtues) makes OUR club different to most or at least sone off the other shitty ones.

I like that we are willing to do other things that aren’t necessarily what other clubs do.

Interesting given how hard we tried to sign him before he joined Barca and then last summer - four bids in total I believe. Now we're happy to let him go elsewhere - and on loan.

Surely this means we must have someone lined up?

Trinket is just hype. If we wanted him, he’d be here.

Trinket is just hype. If we wanted him, he’d be here.

We did try very, very hard to sign him in January 20 and last summer - the most reliable journos said as much - for example:

His agent is Jorge Mendes - who effectively runs Wolves so he has done this deal. There is of course the chance that we wanted him but Mendes only wanted him to go to Wolves for the sake of his own wallet.

The fact that such a key target was available on a loan to buy deal and we didn't get him is newsworthy. It either means that we wouldn't pay what Mendes was demanding or we have someone else lined up that we think is now a better option.

I am yet to see any link to a left footed right winger this summer that isn't nonsense. It will either be one of our 'out of the blue' signings or we have no idea what we're doing. We ended up with Under last year because we messed this up, I doubt BR will be happy if we mess it up again.

Looking at the potential candidates for that right side role, Matheus Pereira seems to me to be the obvious candidate. Left footed right winger, available for decent money and proven at PL level.

His stats for WBA last season was the equivalent of Barnes for us. A goal/assist every 150 mins. They are the sort of stats we're looking for. And Pereira did it in a relegation team.

We have been linked and are one of the favourites to sign him. Leeds appear to be top of the list at the moment though.

Looking at the potential candidates for that right side role, Matheus Pereira seems to me to be the obvious candidate. Left footed right winger, available for decent money and proven at PL level.

His stats for WBA last season was the equivalent of Barnes for us. A goal/assist every 150 mins. They are the sort of stats we're looking for. And Pereira did it in a relegation team.

We have been linked and are one of the favourites to sign him. Leeds appear to be top of the list at the moment though.

I think he's be good for us. Potential quite cheap too.

Maybe I've missed it, but why is a left footed right winger so important for you? Why not a right footed right winger?

Would be a cracking signing, forgot he was being linked earlier in the window.

The other name that's been mentioned is Berardi from Sassaulo, who fits the bill of left footed right winger. Imagine he'd cost more though.

Maybe I've missed it, but why is a left footed right winger so important for you? Why not a right footed right winger?

Mahrez replacement, need someone to cut in.

And I'm fairly sure Brendan himself has said in the past that that's what we're lacking.

Mahrez replacement, need someone to cut in.

And I'm fairly sure Brendan himself has said in the past that that's what we're lacking.
I've not seen BR say that, but I may have missed it. Maybe the reason we haven't replaced Mahrez successfully is because he can't be replaced. Most of Ricardo's goal involvement before his injury involved running into the box and cutting it back with his right foot. I'd perhaps be looking for a winger who can replicate something like that.

People are basing Trinket’s ability on the fact he has played for an okay club team before getting no opportunity at Barcelona, and that he has played at every level from U17 - U21 for his national team….

isn’t that just the same as Demarai Gray?

People are basing Trinket’s ability on the fact he has played for an okay club team before getting no opportunity at Barcelona, and that he has played at every level from U17 - U21 for his national team….

isn’t that just the same as Demarai Gray?
Demarai Gray played for Barcelona?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4181
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265