Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2021 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leon Bailey is apparently available from Leverkusen for about £30m

Villa are interested.

A player we should be in for IMO. Can play right or left wing

Villa are interested.

From the limited amount I've seen, he looks pretty good. He was at Ghenk at the same Ndidi was too, Wilf could sound him out...

Loads have looked at him and noone has gone for it. I think we should steer clear. Keep hold of Tielemans and Maddison and see what Sowah can do.

Villa are interested.

Everton fans must have been excited when they heard about the signing of wingers from Palace and Leverkusen thinking Zaha and Bailey only to end up with Townsend and Gray

Apparently Pereira from West Brom is the target.

Other than Kabak, which hasn't been mentioned by the usual reliable sources, then our rumours have gone very quiet.

Considering how widely and for how long the Soumare, Daka and Bertrand signings were rumoured, then I'd assume that means nothing on the horizon - unless we have suddenly found a way to keep things quiet, which I doubt.

I still think we need a centre back and/or a right winger - seems strange potentially choosing between a centre back and winger, but think which one we sign will dictate whether we prefer 3-5-2 or 4-2-3-1 this season

Other than Kabak, which hasn't been mentioned by the usual reliable sources, then our rumours have gone very quiet.

Considering how widely and for how long the Soumare, Daka and Bertrand signings were rumoured, then I'd assume that means nothing on the horizon - unless we have suddenly found a way to keep things quiet, which I doubt.

I still think we need a centre back and/or a right winger - seems strange potentially choosing between a centre back and winger, but think which one we sign will dictate whether we prefer 3-5-2 or 4-2-3-1 this season
I presume at this stage that any meaningful signings will depend on outgoings. Whilst our squad is obviously still very light compared to the Big 6, I can't imagine there will be any further spending on the first XI unless we sell a major player.

Compared to last season, at present we've lost 4 fringe (or worse) players in Morgan, Fuchs, Under and James. With 3 signings who will all be competing for the first 16, we've theoretically improved already (ignoring long term injuries).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757