Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2021 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Papy Mendy is left out of our Premier League squad, as well as his Europa exclusion.

Imagine he must be working on a move?
Move to Turkey fell through as he couldn't get out of Senegal in time before the Turkish window closed.

Poor bastard isn't in our PL or EL squads and then he missed a move as he travelled for international games that he didn't feature in.

Feel a bit sorry for him to be honest as he's stepped in pretty well for us when needed and could do a job for a lot of other teams rather than being here doing nothing.

Move to Turkey fell through as he couldn't get out of Senegal in time before the Turkish window closed.

Poor bastard isn't in our PL or EL squads and then he missed a move as he travelled for international games that he didn't feature in.

Feel a bit sorry for him to be honest as he's stepped in pretty well for us when needed and could do a job for a lot of other teams rather than being here doing nothing.

I think it boils down to us trusting Newcastle, which is pretty idiotic. We clearly believed that Newcastle were going to sign Choudhury (to be fair, so did Choudhury and Steve Bruce) but due to their own internal nonsense, it fell through leaving us stuck with Choudhury and Mendy.

As Choudhury is easier to register for the PL and EL as a home grown player, Mendy was always going to be the one to miss out. Especially as he'll also miss games due to the ANC. We appear to have tried desperately to get him a move and failed.

Let's all remember that we gave him a new 3 year contract this time last year for reasons I've never understood. I got that keeping him around for last season made practical sense, but he was never going to be needed beyond that. If at all possible, it would make sense for us to agree to a termination of his contract to let the poor fecker go and play somewhere.

Many of us could see this coming. https://talkingballs.uk/threads/two-or-3-more-years-for-mendy.40278/post-1389307

I think it boils down to us trusting Newcastle, which is pretty idiotic. We clearly believed that Newcastle were going to sign Choudhury (to be fair, so did Choudhury and Steve Bruce) but due to their own internal nonsense, it fell through leaving us stuck with Choudhury and Mendy.

As Choudhury is easier to register for the PL and EL as a home grown player, Mendy was always going to be the one to miss out. Especially as he'll also miss games due to the ANC. We appear to have tried desperately to get him a move and failed.

Let's all remember that we gave him a new 3 year contract this time last year for reasons I've never understood. I got that keeping him around for last season made practical sense, but he was never going to be needed beyond that. If at all possible, it would make sense for us to agree to a termination of his contract to let the poor fecker go and play somewhere.

Many of us could see this coming. https://talkingballs.uk/threads/two-or-3-more-years-for-mendy.40278/post-1389307
https://talkingballs.uk/threads/two-or-3-more-years-for-mendy.40278/post-1398034

Odsonne Eduard - The bloke that we were/wern't going to get from Celtic on manny occasions and signed for C. Palace has just come on for his debut.
He's scored against Spurs within a minute.

Or something.

Odsonne Eduard - The bloke that we were/wern't going to get from Celtic on manny occasions and signed for C. Palace has just come on for his debut.

Or something.
Always knew he couldn’t do it in the PL
Two goal fluke.

Or something.
Second touch, they said on the radio.

I see that little Wes is being linked to Real Madrid on thehardtackle.com. I have commented thus:

It's only a few days since you reported that Olympique Marseille were the team of his dreams. Now it’s Real Madrid. Have you got any more of this made up bollocks?

I don't expect it to survive the moderation process.

I’m quite interested in how you got yourself to a website called thehardtackle.com
**** knows. I don't recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758