Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2022 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Papers saying Arsenal pushing harder for Raphinha. Surely they wouldn’t also go for Tielemans with Vieira already signed?

Or there were those of us who could see that he was a disaster of a signing who'd been out of his depth at a shite Southampton side.

That signing never, ever made any sense. At least the Vestergaard signing was logical; he'd had a brilliant season and a cracking international tournament. Bertrand looked past it two years previous.

Free, so it isn't a bad piece of business.

Oh hindsight ……

seasoned left back with loads of experience on a free. At the time it was seen as a no brainier by many
Probably you as well.
I did indeed. However, I think the issue is the multi year aspect of it. He’s not exactly a spring chicken is he? I suspect he’d have bitten for a one year deal.

I did indeed. However, I think the issue is the multi year aspect of it. He’s not exactly a spring chicken is he? I suspect he’d have bitten for a one year deal.

Maybe. I did a search on posts I made about Bertrand before him signing.....he was also linked with arsenal. Maybe the two year is what got him here.

The rest of that post:

'...Can't see him playing much and I hope he doesn't jump ahead of Thomas in the pecking order as that sends a terrible message to the lad....'

So I made it clear he wasn't as good as Thomas. He isn't. I was saying the only thing about this signing was that it was free.

This is what I wrote in the rumours thread when this was first being talked of:

I'd be using Justin at LB/LWB and Ricardo at RB/RWB with Castagne as a first choice back up for either. Throw in Thomas and you have another perfectly adequate replacement. Bertrand doesn't get in above Justin, Ricardo or Castagne; not even close.

If your going to be a prick about stuff at least don't cherry pick.

The rest of that post:

'...Can't see him playing much and I hope he doesn't jump ahead of Thomas in the pecking order as that sends a terrible message to the lad....'

So I made it clear he wasn't as good as Thomas. He isn't. I was saying the only thing about this signing was that it was free.

This is what I wrote in the rumours thread when this was first being talked of:

I'd be using Justin at LB/LWB and Ricardo at RB/RWB with Castagne as a first choice back up for either. Throw in Thomas and you have another perfectly adequate replacement. Bertrand doesn't get in above Justin, Ricardo or Castagne; not even close.

If your going to be a prick about stuff at least don't cherry pick.
And this was from the same thread; I don't think it's too far off the mark:

'The combination of a very, very average player who played in a very, very poor defence is no comparison to two players who absolutely shone in otherwise shite sides.

Frame it how you want, comparing Evans and Maguire to Bertrand is akin to comparing Kelly Brook's tits to Nora Batty's'.

Just dropped £150 on a new shirt with Bourigeaud on the back. Looks x3 fire emojis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester3883
2Leeds Utd3882
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3966
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757