Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2022 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newcastle have only paid 10 mill for Pope

Good signing for them. He's one of few that I rate from Burnley that are in demand. Seems like every ****er at Burnley was actually great despite them being shite.

From the BBC

The Netherlands midfielder Georginio Wijnaldum will be allowed to leave Paris St-Germain this summer. Leicester City are keen on the 31-year-old, while Everton, Wolves and West Ham are also keeping close tabs on the situation. (90min)

From the BBC

The Netherlands midfielder Georginio Wijnaldum will be allowed to leave Paris St-Germain this summer. Leicester City are keen on the 31-year-old, while Everton, Wolves and West Ham are also keeping close tabs on the situation. (90min)

What a signing that would be. Would be a brilliant short term replacement for Youri for the next couple of seasons.

But we won't get him. Wages, age, profile... More of a Wham signing than a typical move for us

From the BBC

Tottenham have joined the list of clubs interested
in signing Hull City's English winger Keane Lewis-Potter, 20. The Tigers rejected an £8m bid from Brentford in August and Southampton, Leicester and West Ham are also interested in him.

Word on the street now saying that the links between Tielemans and Arsenal were all from Tielemans new agent who was trying to use Arsenal to drum up interest in his player from bigger clubs.

Arsenal were interested but that has cooled now and they're unlikely to make a move for him. Tielemans also was never that enthusiastic about that move.

Due to a lack of interest in him from the clubs he wants to join, the new thinking is that he is now likely to sign a new contract with a £60m release clause for CL clubs.

I'd be surprised as we've not allowed a release clause in a contract since Kante. However, in the circumstances, I think one in this situation is better than where we are at the moment.

It would explain our complete inactivity this summer too. If we were resigned to him leaving, we'd have been trying to replace before or after he goes. The fact that we've done nothing suggests the club retain a hope that he won't leave.

Word on the street now saying that the links between Tielemans and Arsenal were all from Tielemans new agent who was trying to use Arsenal to drum up interest in his player from bigger clubs.

Arsenal were interested but that has cooled now and they're unlikely to make a move for him. Tielemans also was never that enthusiastic about that move.

Due to a lack of interest in him from the clubs he wants to join, the new thinking is that he is now likely to sign a new contract with a £60m release clause for CL clubs.

I'd be surprised as we've not allowed a release clause in a contract since Kante. However, in the circumstances, I think one in this situation is better than where we are at the moment.

It would explain our complete inactivity this summer too. If we were resigned to him leaving, we'd have been trying to replace before or after he goes. The fact that we've done nothing suggests the club retain a hope that he won't leave.
A release clause of £60m and retaining his services, on the basis that he’s got to show others he’s worth them money by playing well, is a lot better prospect than us getting about £25m for him now, IMO.

Excellent news if true imo as a fully fit and on form midfield 3 of Ndidi, Tielemans and Maddison are a match for any midfield in the league.

The only downside I see really is that it might not take long for that release clause to be met as I really think a good break is what he really needs as he has played pretty much non-stop since project restart.

We just need to add a good right winger and a proper left back and we are well set for next season.

Another CB will probably come in if Cags does leave.

A couple of good prospects like Lewis-Potter from Hull and getting rid of the fringe players and they may as well just give us the PL trophy already.

Where does it say this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758