Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2022 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not exactly looking like a big reset just yet, is it?

Obviously a need to clear out some deadwood, which is easier said than done. Can’t see many lining up to sign - Vestergaard, Perez, Bertrand, Mendy, Ward, Amartey.

Have to imagine, however, there’s a decent market for Praet, Soumare and Hamza. Possibly Nacho too, who I suspect the club are looking to move on.

I’m a bit shocked Soyuncu is still at the club.

Seems we are in a bit of a pickle.

BR banging on about the big re-build looking a bit silly.

Clearly he was giving himself a get out of jail free card.

There's barely even rumours about us ATM.

Admittedly, we sometimes get our work done quietly. But no sign of that happening yet and when there's not even rumours, it gets a bit concerning.

If we're waiting to clear out the likes of Perez, Hamza, Mendy, etc then we're not going to be doing much business this summer are we, and certainly not at a time when there's a wider market to go for and not paying last minute prices.

I imagine a lot is hanging on what happens with Youri though.

There's barely even rumours about us ATM.

Admittedly, we sometimes get our work done quietly. But no sign of that happening yet and when there's not even rumours, it gets a bit concerning.

If we're waiting to clear out the likes of Perez, Hamza, Mendy, etc then we're not going to be doing much business this summer are we, and certainly not at a time when there's a wider market to go for and not paying last minute prices.

I imagine a lot is hanging on what happens with Youri though.

We've got loads of players for every position so we don't need to add.

If I were Top, I'd have said that there will be no additions until you get rid of a load of the failed signings.

We should only be looking for players to improve the first team. It's a waste of time doing anything else.

Even if the club had tons of cash to splash on signing it has a horrendous wage bill and isn't very attractive to potential first team players, I expect they will have to wait for players with no other options to decide they are willing to play for Leicester. The squad is where it is because of failures in previous windows.

I guess we need to go back to taking risks and looking for those players in the lower leagues, the issue is I do not think BR has the minerals to go that route. our first team squad when fit is definitely good enough to compete well in the prem.

Wonder if our highly paid (presumably) coaching team could actually try and improve some players?

I always suspected the great rebuild wasn’t quite going to be what it was made out to be?

There are still almost 6 weeks to go before the start of the season and 9 weeks before the transfer window slams (bang!) shut. A long way to go.

I'm rather pleased that non of the big names that we've been linked with have turned us down and gone to Newcastle/Arsenal/Villa/Wham/Wolves/QPR/Barnsley.

So far, so good.

Apparently it is the Times that we've made Eriksen an offer and are waiting for his decision. Several other clubs have done so too.

Given the fact that we tried signing him on loan from Inter, it would be surprising if we hadn't approached him.

I'm rather pleased that non of the big names that we've been linked with have turned us down and gone to Newcastle/Arsenal/Villa/Wham/Wolves/QPR/Barnsley.

So far, so good.
Which big names are those? I don't recall being linked with any!

Apparently it is the Times that we've made Eriksen an offer and are waiting for his decision. Several other clubs have done so too.

Given the fact that we tried signing him on loan from Inter, it would be surprising if we hadn't approached him.

I read on Twitter yesterday that we'd made offers to both Eriksen and Lingard and are waiting to hear back, but are in a long list of potential clubs for both so aren't hopeful.

Sounds about right to me; I think they'll both have plenty of offers and better offers than ours (either status or financially)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757