Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2022 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A loan move for Soumare is best for all concerned.

He's highly rated before coming here, and there's been talk of personal issues this season which could be part of it, as well as needing to adapt.

A loan move back to a league he's excelled in is a good move to regain his confidence to then come back here and give it another crack.

Then a loan to Turkey season after before an undisclosed fee.
Possibly. Or he could come back from loan and turn out to be a very useful squad player, a’la Papy Mendy.

I won't post too much of it, but the Athletic are today speculating that a good replacement if Ronaldo leaves Man United might be....

Jamie Vardy.

I won't post too much of it, but the Athletic are today speculating that a good replacement if Ronaldo leaves Man United might be....

Jamie Vardy.

Have they been simulating the transfer window on football manager?

Swapping one of the most mobile forwards around for one of the least? I'm sure that'll work just fine

Well that's one way of looking at the 6 years we've spent failing to get rid of Mendy.
It's amazing isn't it. At best, Mendy has been okay. He's filled a gap. I mean, he's still been pretty average at best but that's about all. He's been useful, simply on the premise that we don't have anyone better. That's more a comment on the dross in our squad than of any talent he may possess.

Jamie Vardy leave Leicester? No way. They wanted him when blah blah blah bl blah blah blah etc.

It's amazing isn't it. At best, Mendy has been okay. He's filled a gap. I mean, he's still been pretty average at best but that's about all. He's been useful, simply on the premise that we don't have anyone better. That's more a comment on the dross in our squad than of any talent he may possess.

Yup. I've nowt against the bloke and would've had him in the squad before Jan (hindsight obvs). Always looks like he's trying etc. It's been clear for a long time managers think he's a bit shit and we could do with getting rid unless we shit ourselves and give a silly length contract extension due to injuries. If Soumare copies his stint here then he's still a shit signing. I'd love to be wrong about Soumare obviously....just can't see it happening.

Barcelona have come out and said they have no interest in selling De Jong. Would be hilarious after the protracted story. I can see them immediately going for Tielemans if it does collapse.

Barcelona have come out and said they have no interest in selling De Jong. Would be hilarious after the protracted story. I can see them immediately going for Tielemans if it does collapse.

But he's not Dutch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758