Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2022 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember that any players coming here from Chelsea will be on big money so that might not be such a good deal.

It is the timing that is going to be the biggest blow here. All of our targets will now be gone. A strategic decision at the start of the summer I could have lived with, if there was a clear plan as there was with Chilwell or others.

Losing Fofana will ruin us defensively.
Losing Madders or Barnes will take a massive chunk or our already limited creativity.

I’m not sure which would be the least worst outcome.

He really isn't. He was fantastic at both Fulham and Palace.
Are we being linked with him as a makeweight for Forfana then? That only makes sense if we're selling Maddison, but then if we do we could use that money to buy a new center-half and be back where we started. Which would work if there was a (very)hefty profit in it and we weren't at a point in the window where identified targets were already being signed up - so it hardly seems likely

Losing Fofana will ruin us defensively.
Don't forget how good Cags once was. If Evans stays fit, that's a partnership that saw us finish 5th a couple of seasons ago.

Can I save a post for when he joins and your calling him a complete pony after two games?
Yes. And if we sign him and he's shit then I'll call him out for it. He wasn't shit at either of the other clubs I mentioned. You know, the ones I used specifically as an example?

I can't remember feeling so disappointed, deflated and disillusioned before any other season.
How the hell are we in this mess?
How come we are the only club in this state?
Is it FFP? Perhaps someone can explain.
Is it because we are completely skint?
I foresee a real relegation struggle from day one if we have to sell either of Maddison, Fofana or Barnes.

I can't remember feeling so disappointed, deflated and disillusioned before any other season.
I foresee a real relegation struggle from day one if we have to sell either of Maddison, Fofana or Barnes.
To the contrary, I actually like the fact that we've not been splurging money on unknown foreign players or Southampton cast offs.

Back to old fashioned football and working with what we've got. To add, we've got an awful lot of talent in this squad and if we get to the end of the window with most of it still in tact, we could have a pretty decent season.

We spent £120m on a new training ground which was supposed to help us sort out our set pieces (ha) and be attractive to sign new players (ha).

We spent £120m on a new training ground which was supposed to help us sort out our set pieces (ha) and be attractive to sign new players (ha).
Which is utter bollocks. The training ground will have a profound effect on the young players that we produce at the club. It will also without doubt attract better players.

Don't forget how good Cags once was. If Evans stays fit, that's a partnership that saw us finish 5th a couple of seasons ago.
I agree about Cags. But what scares me is that Rodgers appears to to have Amartey ahead of him in the pecking order. And a season of him at centre-half is not a pleasant thought.

As important a player as he is, if he really is kicking up a fuss and agitating for a move, then I’d sell him now. We’ll get good money for him which we can reinvest. I’m under no illusion that it’s a job and Leicester just happen to be the current employer. But if after being out for nearly an entire season he wants to piss off at the first opportunity, then sod him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363