Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2022 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we remain with a bloated squad after the transfer window closes can we redraft contracts with the excess squad players that would allow their wages to be removed from ffp consideration?
Could the be designated a role that was exempt from the ffp wage bill?
We should just do what man city do and have them sign contracts directly with King Power.

I don't know why we're worrying about the defence. There's at least three more defenders we can try and buy from that Southampton 0-9.

I welcome Yoshida, Valery and Bednarek with open arms, and I reckon that we'd get them for £80 million tops...

I don't know why we're worrying about the defence. There's at least three more defenders we can try and buy from that Southampton 0-9.

I welcome Yoshida, Valery and Bednarek with open arms, and I reckon that we'd get them for £80 million tops...
Why stop there? We need a new ‘keeper too.

Surely he’s better than a team who will be entering the Europa Conference League play off round?

What exactly are they monitoring?

Can you really blame players who are reaching the twilight of their careers not to look for contracts that will give them another 2-3 years security? Lloyd Dyer springs to mine I think he took a 3 year contract rather than a one year deal with us.

Am I worried about Kasper going? No not really although the guy has been a legend for us players move on its football, we might actual see a reduction in attacks against us as a result of his inability to play out from the back. If Fofana goes as long as it is 80 million plus and they pay upfront rather than trying to pay 20 million over 4 years that would be good business, I recall all the bed wetting with Maguire. Cags had a bad season but let us not forget he had Amartey as a partner and a pretty raw left back in Luke Thomas.

If we can only lose one of either Maddison or Fofana then I still believe we have a strong enough squad do well and finish in the top 8 this season. Maybe we will have to look at long term loan players rather than actual purchases, will be interesting to see what the new head of recruitment can rustle up.

Can you really blame players who are reaching the twilight of their careers not to look for contracts that will give them another 2-3 years security? Lloyd Dyer springs to mine I think he took a 3 year contract rather than a one year deal with us.

Am I worried about Kasper going? No not really although the guy has been a legend for us players move on its football, we might actual see a reduction in attacks against us as a result of his inability to play out from the back. If Fofana goes as long as it is 80 million plus and they pay upfront rather than trying to pay 20 million over 4 years that would be good business, I recall all the bed wetting with Maguire. Cags had a bad season but let us not forget he had Amartey as a partner and a pretty raw left back in Luke Thomas.

If we can only lose one of either Maddison or Fofana then I still believe we have a strong enough squad do well and finish in the top 8 this season. Maybe we will have to look at long term loan players rather than actual purchases, will be interesting to see what the new head of recruitment can rustle up.
"Finish in the top 8"
"Long term loan players"

What makes you think any other clubs will just give up their top players on loan for a bit?

"Finish in the top 8"
"Long term loan players"

What makes you think any other clubs will just give up their top players on loan for a bit?
It is about going back to what brought us our greatest success and that was acquiring players that no one would take the risk on, they scouted them (Vardy) but they would not take the plunge. The players are out there and they are sat in our lower leagues we just need to get after them, if we do not have the funds to buy them then we loan with a view to buy, pretty much akin to Lookman who proved he was not good enough in the end.

Do you not think our current squad has the quality to finish top 8?

Mahrez, Kante, Drinkwater, Vardy, Albrighton they were all risks and no one saw us coming they dismissed us because we had spent pennies, despite the fact the season before we had achieved the greatest escape from the biggest points difference to avoid relegation.

We loan our players downwards or out to Europe for our youngsters to improve, can we not do the same by elevating lower league players our scouting network think can make the step up? There are probably youth players sat in development squads just itching to get away and play first team football.

If we do not have the money for purchases then we think outside box to improve us as a squad and as a club. Long tern loans are a possible solution to our current predicament.

It is about going back to what brought us our greatest success and that was acquiring players that no one would take the risk on, they scouted them (Vardy) but they would not take the plunge. The players are out there and they are sat in our lower leagues we just need to get after them, if we do not have the funds to buy them then we loan with a view to buy, pretty much akin to Lookman who proved he was not good enough in the end.

Do you not think our current squad has the quality to finish top 8?

Mahrez, Kante, Drinkwater, Vardy, Albrighton they were all risks and no one saw us coming they dismissed us because we had spent pennies, despite the fact the season before we had achieved the greatest escape from the biggest points difference to avoid relegation.

We loan our players downwards or out to Europe for our youngsters to improve, can we not do the same by elevating lower league players our scouting network think can make the step up? There are probably youth players sat in development squads just itching to get away and play first team football.

If we do not have the money for purchases then we think outside box to improve us as a squad and as a club. Long tern loans are a possible solution to our current predicament.
Are they though? Our problem isn't necessarily capital to spend, it's our wage structure. We need to get players off the wage bill before we can add players to it. We'd still have that problem if we took players on loan wouldn't we?

I could be talking bollocks of course.

Are they though? Our problem isn't necessarily capital to spend, it's our wage structure. We need to get players off the wage bill before we can add players to it. We'd still have that problem if we took players on loan wouldn't we?

I could be talking bollocks of course.
Kaspers wage bill is probably substantial so there could be ability to do things there and bring in players who are on lower wages i.e. league 1 and 2 wages. I agree that most of the players who are not good enough will not go because of the money they are on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263