Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2022 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he goes we'll probably have to use Amartey as his replacement. That's depressing.

We lost Fofana about this time last season and it completely ****ed our season. This would have the same effect.

I think the club have a lot of hard questions to answer as to how we've got into this position. What were the expectations for the being of last season? Did we over spend based on too high expectations.
Who is responsible for the contract situation? I've not called for Rudkin, but it strikes me he needs to sort some of this out.
Yep agree with all of that. I hope and pray that with more money and Fofana gone for good rather than six months we would do better than keeping Amartey and buying Vestergaard like we did last summer. Frustrating that we can’t shift dross but have been cornered into almost certainly losing Fofana and Tielemans.

On the other hand I just think ‘meh’. Chelsea will do and get what they want, we could have finished top 4 last season and if they could still pull £80million out of their arse and buy any of our players.

I say we don't let him go for anything less than £100m. We don't need the money this year if we are happy not to sign anyone and Fofana is a key player for us if we are to look for an improved league position and a cup run.

Boils my piss that these ****s can do whatever the **** they want so let's push them for what we can. The twats will pay it.

It's actually making me feel like these team should all just **** off to their European super league. I wouldn't miss them one jot.

Why the **** are people saying sell him and reinvest ?

Well yeah, if you want to flog potentially one of the finest centre backs in the game, and then bring in Bednarek and ****ing Hudson-Odoi, crack on

Therein lies complete and utter madness

Well yeah, if you want to flog potentially one of the finest centre backs in the game, and then bring in Bednarek and ****ing Hudson-Odoi, crack on

Yep, agree with that.

Would we really be buying players from Southampton if I had that kind of dough? Maybe you're right, but I assumed we were only shopping in that market because we had no money.

How is it that we're getting shafted by FFP rules and Chelsea can spend £200m on top of having one of the largest professional squads in world football?

Because we are trying to stay within the rules of FFP whereas the big 6 don’t believe it applies to them (which, in reality, it doesn’t).

Because we are trying to stay within the rules of FFP whereas the big 6 don’t believe it applies to them (which, in reality, it doesn’t).
I know I can sometimes be a thick ****er but why are they not affected? Can anyone explain? Makes the whole FFP pointless surely?

If we were funded by a sugar daddy who covered the bills no matter what, I'd agree with you. But we're not. We have to make hard nosed financial decisions.

Everything that is wrong with the club at the moment is because we lost this approach a couple of years ago.

Every one of our players should be available to rich feckers if they're stupid enough to pay over the odds. That's what Chelsea did for Drinkwater and Man Utd did for Maguire. Mahrez and Chilwell were undersold in my opinion and we were robbed for Kante.

If Chelsea are prepared to pay a world record fee for a defender for someone who hardly kicked a ball last season and may, or may not, become a world class defender, we'd be utterly insane to turn it down.

The only logical argument against selling is a fear about our ability to recruit well. From what I hear about the targets we have, it feels to me as though they are much more of the 'reinvest and grow' (Fofana) type than the insane 'spend and die' (Vestergaard) type.

If, as seems to be the case, the club have learned their lesson from stupid decision makng for a year or two and are going back to basics, then we should cash in and be Leicester City again.

If we were funded by a sugar daddy who covered the bills no matter what, I'd agree with you. But we're not. We have to make hard nosed financial decisions.

Everything that is wrong with the club at the moment is because we lost this approach a couple of years ago.

Every one of our players should be available to rich feckers if they're stupid enough to pay over the odds. That's what Chelsea did for Drinkwater and Man Utd did for Maguire. Mahrez and Chilwell were undersold in my opinion and we were robbed for Kante.

If Chelsea are prepared to pay a world record fee for a defender for someone who hardly kicked a ball last season and may, or may not, become a world class defender, we'd be utterly insane to turn it down.

The only logical argument against selling is a fear about our ability to recruit well. From what I hear about the targets we have, it feels to me as though they are much more of the 'reinvest and grow' (Fofana) type than the insane 'spend and die' (Vestergaard) type.

If, as seems to be the case, the club have learned their lesson from stupid decision makng for a year or two and are going back to basics, then we should cash in and be Leicester City again.
And settle for what? We need to move on at some point and grow some more. I totally agree with you that we have come away from a process that has worked for us, too rapidly but we do have to come away from it at some point if we aren't going to stagnate. Keeping Fofana for this season gives us the benefit of having a much better chance of achieving something and, unless he has a nightmare all of a sudden, his value will only increase.

I blame Congerton, who's currently trying to replicate his success here by signing Lookman on a permanent for Atalanta. Probably spaffed over £15m away on it as well...

re. Fofana. We're really in the shit if he goes. Largely reliant on Johnny Evans being our only decent CB and we'll be lucky to get half a season out of him. Chelsea seem utterly determined which is great on a finances standpoint and we should stand firm on £85m would be damn good business on Fofana tbf but would leave us with only a couple weeks to try and reinvest that by signing another CB or preferably two......

And settle for what? We need to move on at some point and grow some more. I totally agree with you that we have come away from a process that has worked for us, too rapidly but we do have to come away from it at some point if we aren't going to stagnate. Keeping Fofana for this season gives us the benefit of having a much better chance of achieving something and, unless he has a nightmare all of a sudden, his value will only increase.

We cannot compete financially. We just can't. Our revenue is a fraction of the big six. We have to extend the stadium and develop the area so that our revenue increases. We should have prioritised that well ahead of the training ground.

By sitting still, we've allowed Villa, Newcastle and Everton to sail past us due to their bigger stadiums and fan bases. Yes, they can still be run by clowns (Everton) but the numbers will always win out in the end.

Our model worked so well. We bought in a market the big boys didn't. We sold when it made sense. We kept our squad small and lean. We didn't become billy big bollocks.

Oh, and how much more do you think Fofana will be worth in a year? Maguire is still the world record defender sale and that was three years ago. I think £90-£100m is the ceiling for Fofana. Player inflation doesn't work how you imply it does.

Here's a thought, refuse to sell our best players like Maddisons, Fofana, JJ, Ndidi, etc etc keep the players that we don't want listed for sale or loan, bin off the League cup in the 1st game and just have a proper crack at the league and FA Cup it's not like we have European football in midweek and how many of our players will be at the world Cup, I see this season as an opportunity to keep out the limelight and have a good season.
Our starting 11 will give anyone in this league a game.

Here's a thought, refuse to sell our best players like Maddisons, Fofana, JJ, Ndidi, etc etc keep the players that we don't want listed for sale or loan, bin off the League cup in the 1st game and just have a proper crack at the league and FA Cup it's not like we have European football in midweek and how many of our players will be at the world Cup, I see this season as an opportunity to keep out the limelight and have a good season.
Our starting 11 will give anyone in this league a game.
That is a decent idea unless you have players that are willing to down tools and screw the team, Mahrez gave up and it caused problems, any player at Leicester should be available at the right price, the club need to have decent scouting and recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263