Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2022 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you prefer us to spend money on more Soumares and Dakas and then fall foul of FFP?
I was mainly just being a ****. I'm fine with having a few mediocre seasons because we're more focused on infrastructure, but I'd rather us sign no one and give more youth team players a chance than waste money (I know his wages will be peanuts, but it's still a waste) and places in our squad on a keeper who will be out with a hemorrhoid from sitting on the bench by christmas.

We'd never feel comfortable with him in goal anyway, so why couldn't we stick Odunze there in the unlikely event both Ward and Iversen fall down a well?

Ah yes, signing duffers is the only option.
Nope. Keeping the club in a financially sound position and using the squad that we’ve assembled is fine. Signing a third choice keeper for free who won’t be costing much but brings a bit of experience is also fine. Pissing and moaning about the club not signing anyone, then pissing and moaning about the club signing a third choice keeper is probably a bit silly.

Last edited:
Latest Leicester City transfer news as goalkeeper Alex Smithies reportedly puts pen to paper on a two-year contract with the club

A 32 year old to become our 3rd choice goalkeeper - do we really need him?

Ward based on what? I really don’t understand why so many people see a great goalkeeper in there. We’ve had so little evidence.

In twenty games, maybe we can say such things. But not now.
I haven’t seen anyone say he’s a great goalkeeper.

On of our worst ever signings doing just exactly what you would expect.

Signing him was a complete **** up

Seriously, a real waste of what little money we had left for wages.

Seeing as it was so far removed from our usual transfer policy I think Its a fair assumption it was a BR signing.

It's what happens when you're not strong enough.

If BR had said to him before preseason began, that you're not in my plans, you will be training with a group of unwanted players and not involved in any squad, he'd be long gone.

“and it would suit all parties for him to move on”… well obviously it doesn’t (at least in terms of the offers the player has had). Vestegaard is under no obligation to leave. If a deal doesn’t suit him he is well in his rights to reject it. We are the ones with buyers remorse. If I buy the wrong house it’s not the house’s fault. What a stupid tweet.

“and it would suit all parties for him to move on”… well obviously it doesn’t (at least in terms of the offers the player has had). Vestegaard is under no obligation to leave. If a deal doesn’t suit him he is well in his rights to reject it. We are the ones with buyers remorse. If I buy the wrong house it’s not the house’s fault. What a stupid tweet.
If he has any hopes of making the Denmark WC squad then it is in his interest to be playing football and not rotting here doing nothing.

Also, as a footballer at the highest level surely he has some desire to actually play?

Knowing Rodgers as we do....do you really think he would push for a signing and then not play him? It seems far more likely he would play him (and him be shit) to make a point.

More likely IMO to be a panic Top/Rudkin signing and BR never pkays him to make a point.

Bit like not making changes on Saturday...

Knowing Rodgers as we do....do you really think he would push for a signing and then not play him? It seems far more likely he would play him (and him be shit) to make a point.

More likely IMO to be a panic Top/Rudkin signing and BR never pkays him to make a point.

Bit like not making changes on Saturday...
I envy you being able to forget him plying last season.

6 starts in PL ( plus 4 as sub) in a season where we had a defensive crisis....
And he was actually fine in 2 of those.

He's a terrible signing for us unless we play a very specific way. He'd be a great signing for Fulham. He's a fool for turning it down but he's every right to.

Well Jason, I think he is trying to achieve payment of the salary he is contractually entitled to that in all likelihood no other club will agree to pay.

Tony Khan could use him in AEW if he goes there. Come on Vestandpants this is a great chance to become a pro wrestler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263