Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2023 rumours thread - it's started already!

English keeper Anthony Patterson, 22, could leave Sunderland this summer. He is wanted by Wolves and Leicester City.(Sun)

Arsenal are favourites to sign Leicester City's Belgium midfielder Youri Tielemans, 25, in the summer. (Teamtalk)

I'd really hate this. I hope he goes abroad. Not sure I could watch Tielemans being amazing for someone else in the Prem.

Arsenal are not as ****y as Chelsea or the two Manc clubs, but it would hurt for a different reason - for a few years following our title win and the two 5th place seasons under Brendan, it felt like we could take Arsenal's place in that top 4.

On a different note, I'm not sure where Tielemans fits for Arsenal - the Xhaka role, but they've also just signed Jorginho there too.

I'd really hate this. I hope he goes abroad. Not sure I could watch Tielemans being amazing for someone else in the Prem.

Arsenal are not as ****y as Chelsea or the two Manc clubs, but it would hurt for a different reason - for a few years following our title win and the two 5th place seasons under Brendan, it felt like we could take Arsenal's place in that top 4.

On a different note, I'm not sure where Tielemans fits for Arsenal - the Xhaka role, but they've also just signed Jorginho there too.
Jorginho is just a stop gap signing though to give them a bit of squad depth in case of injuries during the run in.
He's 31, Youri is 25 & a better player. Jorginho is the type you can use as a placeholder & then offload to Villareal, Torino or some such in the summer. Or keep him on for another year depending on who else you can sign in July.
I'd rather see Youri go to Spain or Italy too but the PL is where the money is so I'm expecting him to go to Arsenal or Liverpool.

Souness pre-match says we would be able to name our price for Madders and he is worth £100m given some of the fees Chelsea are paying. Clearly not aware of the contractual situation……

Souness pre-match says we would be able to name our price for Madders and he is worth £100m given some of the fees Chelsea are paying. Clearly not aware of the contractual situation……
Well he’s not paid to know stuff is he?

Everton, Leicester, Liverpool, Newcastle, Tottenham, West Ham and Wolves have all been monitoring Union Berlin's German midfielder Rani Khedira, 29. (90min)

The only thing Souness knows is how to get moisty eyed at the mere mention of 'European nights at Anfield'.

Wants consigning to the tar pits of irrelevance along with the rest of those old Shankley led dinosaurs.

Atletico Madrid have agreed terms with Turkey defender Caglar Soyuncu, 26, over a free transfer when his Leicester City contract expires at the end of the season. (90min)

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756
10Middlesbro3854