Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2023 rumours thread - it's started already!

It would make more sense for Leicester to sell Barnes and play a system to suit the players we have. What's the point in playing a system that requires 2x wingers when we only have 1 and that system forces our best midfielder to play wide right, we would be better off playing 3 at the back with wingbacks we already have on the books JJ, Ricardo, Castagne, Thomas and Kristiansen, it would mean the club can sell Barnes and Maddison and invest in other areas. To me that's been one of the reasons why we're in this mess.

I mean, at least you knew where you were with Alf Ramsey's wingless wonders. You know? 4-4-2, 4-2-4, 4-3-3... 0898 654000, freephone double glazing?

ron.jpg

It would make more sense for Leicester to sell Barnes and play a system to suit the players we have. What's the point in playing a system that requires 2x wingers when we only have 1 and that system forces our best midfielder to play wide right, we would be better off playing 3 at the back with wingbacks we already have on the books JJ, Ricardo, Castagne, Thomas and Kristiansen, it would mean the club can sell Barnes and Maddison and invest in other areas. To me that's been one of the reasons why we're in this mess.
Castagne will be gone, Ricardo is ruined by injuries & gone at the game, JJ we won't know about until he plays his way back, Thomas isn't good enough.

I think I'd want to sign at least one proven winger.

Or maybe cut down on the 3 RBs (Ricardo, Castagne, Justin), the 3 LBs (Thomas, Kristiansen, Bertrand) and the 6 CBs (Evans, Faes, Souttar, Soyuncu, Amartey, Vestergaard)??

That's over half the outfield squad filled with defenders, and most are ****ing shite.

Our squad is so imbalance it's mental, but not as mental as saying just forget about wingers.

There shouldn't be any more that 2 outfield senior players for each position and using 12 squad players for 4 starting positions leaves us in the position we are in with **** all attacking options.

Or maybe cut down on the 3 RBs (Ricardo, Castagne, Justin), the 3 LBs (Thomas, Kristiansen, Bertrand) and the 6 CBs (Evans, Faes, Souttar, Soyuncu, Amartey, Vestergaard)??

That's over half the outfield squad filled with defenders, and most are ****ing shite.

Our squad is so imbalance it's mental, but not as mental as saying just forget about wingers.

There shouldn't be any more that 2 outfield senior players for each position and using 12 squad players for 4 starting positions leaves us in the position we are in with **** all attacking options.
Just more mismanagement from Bodgers

We've got to rebuild the whole squad, so what difference does one extra player make.

It's going to be a colossal task too. We've effectively got to identify recruits for both the championship and, at least until Sunday, the PL.

Then there's the question of the manager. If he wants to play a particular style, we may need another, completely different set of options.

All of which would be difficult for a club with a clear strategy and strong leadership, of which we currently have neither.

Unless he's one of the players who's had a rotten attitude, we should do everything to keep him.

I've said it before - as many of our top players need to be kept. A total rebuild will be a massive gamble and just because Burnley did it, doesn't mean we can.

I think we'll need to sign a CB. Evans, Amartey and Soyuncu are out contract.

I'd lose Bertrand (too hard to do) and I reckon one of either Riccy or Castagne will be off. JJ and Riccy are always injured so I'd rather keep all three right-backs.

2 CBs
1 Striker
2 Wingers/attackers (depends on Barnes)
2 Central midfielders (1 defensive/1 creative)

We lose at least:

Soyuncu
Amartey
Evans
Tielemans
Maddison
Perez
Mendy

The club better be working their arse off in the recruitment department.

Personally, I'd do everything to get Madders to stay but offer him a contract extension with a release clause that's fair for end of season depending on if we get promoted or not (assuming we go down). But ofc it's nowhere near as simple as that and totally unrealistic.

I think a comprehensive (call it massive if you like) rebuild is an inevitably. It won't be out of choice. Out of contract players departing means no incoming cash. We'll need to fund recruitment somehow. The bank balance is seemingly not bottomless so we'll be flogging assets to down-size. I think each and every one of our players could go for one reason or another. We'll certainly listen to offers.

Not quite a fire sale but a significant turnover of players.

Is the recruitment bloke still the one who bought this season's rubbish? A replacement for him is as important as a new manager.

As for players....get whatever we can for the likes of Madders and Booarnes. Take a load of the rest of them down to the knackers yard if there's likely to be little interest. Some players (timmy chestnuts) might get a move to Italy or something.

Am I the only one who would quite happily shift KDH off to Luton?!

I think the lad is crap. And if Luton want him then we can probably get 15-20m for him these days.

I think he'd be okay in the Championship but nothing special.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756
10Middlesbro3854