Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded winter 2018/19 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm no Puel fan but he's not wrong on this one. Andy King is lightweight for the Premier League. He's been an important player for the club over the years and a great servant but if he wants playing time he's not up to the desired standard of where we're at anymore.

About his level now.

All this crying about King not being involved is hilarious, he's not at the level required.

The Matty James thing is separate, it doesn't make King good enough for the Prem.

About his level now.

All this crying about King not being involved is hilarious, he's not at the level required.

The Matty James thing is separate, it doesn't make King good enough for the Prem.
Who has cried about King not being involved? I don’t remember seeing that.

There was some outrage that Puel would rather put an injured cripple in the 25 man squad over King who we could actually call upon should we ever need to e.g. in the event of an injury crisis.

Who has cried about King not being involved? I don’t remember seeing that.

There was some outrage that Puel would rather put an injured cripple in the 25 man squad over King who we could actually call upon should we ever need to e.g. in the event of an injury crisis.

A cripple, Adrien the Crab and Iborra.

About his level now.

I’d take Andy King over an invisible James and the consistently appalling Silva any day of the week. At a push, I’d probably have him above Iborra for all the use he has been in most games.

I've been assured by a Seville fan that Iborra is going back in January. Don't know if it's evidence based or wishful thinking

Linked to Clyne from Liverpool. Wouldn’t surprise me at all that one.

I'd take both.

Redmond especially fills a role currently devoid of good enough candidates.

I'd only take Clyne as a Ricardo replacement as he doesn't strike me as defensively astute enough for a right back.

He would then battle with Albrighton for the right mid role

My suggestions for the January window.

1. Sell Maguire to Man Utd for approx. £70m. The rationale being that we defend better without him. He's much more effective in a three than a four, and is obviously a very good player, but we look much more solid when he's not in the team.

2. Recall Benkovic and Barnes.

3. Spend proceeds on a couple of creative attacking players. Brais Mendez for £22m (release clause) appears a heavily rumoured deal as one of the recruits. £50m for a proper talented wide player - someone 'like' Leon Bailey?

4. Sell Iborra/Silva for anything we can get. Give King a squad number as back up instead.

5. Sell/release Okazaki - put the poor old lad out of his misery. Sell/loan out Ghezzal and Diabate.

6. Give Wes a one year extension. Tell the rest that are out of contract that they'll be released at the end of the season.

King already has a number BN

I think Ricardo is starting to settle at RB and Clyde had a long time out with a serious injury and Joe Gomez plays RB when Klopp wants a more defensive option so I have concerns about his fitness and playing levels after so long out

My suggestions for the January window.

1. Sell Maguire to Man Utd for approx. £70m. The rationale being that we defend better without him. He's much more effective in a three than a four, and is obviously a very good player, but we look much more solid when he's not in the team.

2. Recall Benkovic and Barnes.

3. Spend proceeds on a couple of creative attacking players. Brais Mendez for £22m (release clause) appears a heavily rumoured deal as one of the recruits. £50m for a proper talented wide player - someone 'like' Leon Bailey?

4. Sell Iborra/Silva for anything we can get. Give King a squad number as back up instead.

5. Sell/release Okazaki - put the poor old lad out of his misery. Sell/loan out Ghezzal and Diabate.

6. Give Wes a one year extension. Tell the rest that are out of contract that they'll be released at the end of the season.

I think the first 2 make sense. Likewise number 6.
I'll wait until the summer for the rest.

Thank God. I was beginning to think I was the only one who thinks Wes is still one of our best defenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757