Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded winter 2018/19 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I though that, despite no one ever really seeing him play, Soyuncu was by far our best CB?

Now we want Wes for another year and ship Maguire out??

This place has some weird opinions at (most) of the time!

I though that, despite no one ever really seeing him play, Soyuncu was by far our best CB?

Now we want Wes for another year and ship Maguire out??

This place has some weird opinions at (most) of the time!
I agree. I don't think Wes has had his time yet and he's been very good of late but Maguire, Soyuncu and Benkovic must be considered the future of our defence. To be contemplating shipping Maguire out and 'making do' until we can somehow persuade a £50 or £60m player to join us (which is, of course, fanatsy) seems total and utter madness of the Sue Pollard variety - and she is ****ing mental.

It's the same old bollocks we see just before most transfer windows from some; 'selling our best players would actually be really good for us', 'There are loads of £50m player who would be queuing up to join us' and 'We should get rid of loads of the squad'. It really is silly season again. Just one decent striker in and I'd be a happy man.

I agree. I don't think Wes has had his time yet and he's been very good of late but Maguire, Soyuncu and Benkovic must be considered the future of our defence. To be contemplating shipping Maguire out and 'making do' until we can somehow persuade a £50 or £60m player to join us (which is, of course, fanatsy) seems total and utter madness of the Sue Pollard variety - and she is ****ing mental.

It's the same old bollocks we see just before most transfer windows from some; 'selling our best players would actually be really good for us', 'There are loads of £50m player who would be queuing up to join us' and 'We should get rid of loads of the squad'. It really is silly season again. Just one decent striker in and I'd be a happy man.

Sue Pollard is probably better at selecting a team

All on his own, without asking or consulting anyone :icon rolleyes:
He deals with contracts, that is a fact just because you want a reason to bash the manager doesn’t mean it’s not true.

Puel might have the title manager but in effect he is head coach, I’m sure he has input but he doesn’t make the decisions over contracts or do the transfer deals.

He deals with contracts, that is a fact just because you want a reason to bash the manager doesn’t mean it’s not true.

Puel might have the title manager but in effect he is head coach, I’m sure he has input but he doesn’t make the decisions over contracts or do the transfer deals.

I'm not looking for a reason to bash an individual such as the Manager, Jon Rudkin, Susan Whelan, or anyone else. It is you who are suggesting that, in your personal vendetta against Rudkin

He may effect the contract agreement, and its terms, but he would not decide alone who to actually give a contract to. That would, of course be a collective decision. To imply that he sat in his room all alone and made the decision to give him a contract in complete isolation from others is just plain daft

Rudkin does the contracts that is just a fact and was the answer to the question asked, I very much doubt Puel went to him after James managed to play 4 games and said hand him a new contract, most likely he was asked if he wanted to keep the player he was starting in his team at the time, he probably wasn't fully aware of Matty James' complete injury history which the DoF would be and should have been more ruthless minded before handing out a new 4 year contract to a player with Matty James problems.

That isn't a vendetta its just basic common sense so I understand why you are struggling with the concept

Isn’t the reality; none of us know the inner working of the club, or who is precisely responsible for what?

Stating anything as fact is completely pointless.

except we do know, both Claudio and Puel have both said the DoF handles the contracts and its not their decision when asked about a players contractual situation

Handling the contracts could be as little as signing the paper, though. I'm not suggesting it is, but "handling the contracts" doesn't really break down the process much.

Handling the contracts could be as little as signing the paper, though. I'm not suggesting it is, but "handling the contracts" doesn't really break down the process much.
Yeah, this. Neither Rudkin nor Puel is solely responsible for the allocation of the budget for playing staff.

he does the negotiating, and press people have said Rudkin runs the football side and Whelan runs the business side so Rudkin would control the budgets on the football side of things from coaching, transfers and contracts

New sign for Jon Rudkin's door..

designated-scapegoat-lg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861