Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded winter 2018/19 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silly season is officially upon us! Just seen an article from the daily star claiming that pochettino (currently spuds manager) has been in talks with Ed Woodward (Man utd CEO) with a view to signing James Maddison (currently LCFC player and not for sale) for £70m (treble what we paid for him less than a year ago). Obviously nothing actually happening anywhere so the journo's just resort to the most ludicrous thing they can think of and see if anyone bites. perhaps we should all have a go. OGS goes back to Norway, Poch to Man utd, Puel to spurs and then we get Messi in as player manager who signs Ronaldo as stand-in keeper. About as plausible as what passes for news in these rags.

Have you got what Boc has? I mean, we won the title playing 2 up front. I would say it suits him perfectly.
Okazaki didn’t play as a striker he played deeper than that, effectively becoming a 5th midfielder when we lost a ball but supporting Vardy when attacking, when ever we’ve tried to play with 2 proper striker it just doesn’t work and if anything reduces what Vardy produces

Okazaki didn’t play as a striker he played deeper than that, effectively becoming a 5th midfielder when we lost a ball but supporting Vardy when attacking,

And thereby allowing our creative player (DD) to play deeper, providing additional cover to the defence but able to also be a playmaker. Something we lack now with Madison further up the field and our two central midfielders both playing so deep there is a huge hole in the middle of the park

Is that the perfectly good Musa that’s now playing in the Saudi Arabian league because no one wanted him?
Exactly. It's the same nonsense about Slimani being a great player. Neither of them are good enough and never looked like being. Musa's options were CSKA, our bench or a Saudi Arabian League; hardly the option list afforded to a player of quality especially given his age.

Okazaki didn’t play as a striker he played deeper than that, effectively becoming a 5th midfielder when we lost a ball but supporting Vardy when attacking, when ever we’ve tried to play with 2 proper striker it just doesn’t work and if anything reduces what Vardy produces
Sometimes. Often we played a standard 4-4-2 which worked very nicely.

We also have another striker - Iheanacho - who is far superior to all these names but who is currently going through a lean spell no different to one all of these others have gone through.
There is absolutely no evidence at all to suggest he is 'far superior' to either Mitrovic or Rondon. Don't get me wrong, I am not a huge fan of either of those players and I'm not sure whether there is a decent player lying dormant somewhere in Iheanacho but to describe him as 'far superior' to them after what we have witnessed from him during his time with us is madness. It's not just about his goal scoring, when Iheanacho shows us he can control a football properly and be proactive in running at defences with endeavour then we might be able to compare them a little better.

There is absolutely no evidence at all to suggest he is 'far superior' to either Mitrovic or Rondon. Don't get me wrong, I am not a huge fan of either of those players and I'm not sure whether there is a decent player lying dormant somewhere in Iheanacho but to describe him as 'far superior' to them after what we have witnessed from him during his time with us is madness. It's not just about his goal scoring, when Iheanacho shows us he can control a football properly and be proactive in running at defences with endeavour then we might be able to compare them a little better.

I keep saying he is a lazy git that will not chase down the goalkeeper or a ball heading to the goal line, but some people do not think that is a valuable skill that could lead to goal scoring opportunities!

oh yeah that was Vardy's last banned game, main thing I remember about hat is thinking that we were about to **** it up

oh yeah that was Vardy's last banned game, main thing I remember about hat is thinking that we were about to **** it up
Maddison and Ghezzal both tried their best to **** it up, before Ghezzal then managed to score.

Does he even have the pace to Usain all over the pitch for 90 minutes? Would using up all that energy improve his game in any way?

Is it a binary choice between running around like a coked up chav and waddling around like someone who has just shit their pants?

Does he even have the pace to Usain all over the pitch for 90 minutes? Would using up all that energy improve his game in any way?

Nachos? He'd probably waste valuable arse scratching energy if he did 2 minutes of running. We'd then have to let Albrighton or someone a bit more energetic scratch his arse on the half way line for him.

Id much rather have Rondon and Mitrovic. Their game is clearly obvious. They're big, strong, aggressive, hard-working and powerful.

I actually don't know what Kelechi offers us. I've seen him finish well at Man City where he had drive, determination and confidence but without those he is useless.

I think making a change with him would be best for us and him. I don't believe it'll ever work with him at LCFC especially with Puel in charge.

Haha.

He was a wanker.

But since Fulham he looks focused and confident. I'd LOVE to have him behind Vardy. What an aggressive pair. Gets us riled up in the stands. That collective attitude is exactly what we need to develop again as fans. I wanna feel what I felt during 15-16 in the first half of the season - nothing to lose and everything to gain.

I believe that's entirely possible. I wanna finish as high up as possible. With Arsenal and Chelsea in the Europa League , 7th place may well be in Europe next year.

We desperately need a new CF. Someone tall, strong, confident and focused.

On a separate note, Fraser is looking tasty this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757