Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded winter 2018/19 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or it’s a poxy website that wants some clicks....

Or he’s trying to talk up the squad and boost their confidence

He needs to seriously work on his boosting of confidence strategy

given that United are 6th and have completely turned around their form he's right

Possible for them to turn round their form, but completely impossible for us to do it

Ah, I see

Possible for them to turn round their form, but completely impossible for us to do it

Ah, I see
no the only way for anyone to break into the top six was for Jose to stay for most of the season and United continue to be a dumpster fire or a team, now they have rectified that no one is catching any of the top 6, that's just how the premier league is, they have to fall apart in order for someone to catch them for a season, but I suspect you already know that

Man U. Sacked a manager renowned for his defensive set up and tactics. Suddenly the shackles are off and they're doing well again. I wander if this could work for us.. sure the players should take some blame, but for me the manager is always the key so most of it is Puel's on this one. His tactics, his philosophy, his set up, his instructions we are operating under.

Man U. Sacked a manager renowned for his defensive set up and tactics. Suddenly the shackles are off and they're doing well again. I wander if this could work for us.. sure the players should take some blame, but for me the manager is always the key so most of it is Puel's on this one. His tactics, his philosophy, his set up, his instructions we are operating under.
Man United had the players and tradition of attacking football we don't, in my life time we have been renown for hard work and graft not free flowing attacking football so I'm not sure where this myth has come from, not since the 60s and 70's has that been true of Leicester City

Man United had the players and tradition of attacking football we don't, in my life time we have been renown for hard work and graft not free flowing attacking football so I'm not sure where this myth has come from, not since the 60s and 70's has that been true of Leicester City

Something in my mind is telling me that something that happened in the recent past suggests that mentality, hard work and appropriate approach can also push you up the table, can't for the life of me remember what it was.....

Something in my mind is telling me that something that happened in the recent past suggests that mentality, hard work and appropriate approach can also push you up the table, can't for the life of me remember what it was.....
and from the moment that happened those same players lost a lot of that edge that they used to have to do that stuff, Shakespeare tried going back to the old way and look what happened the players don't have the same hunger and desire to do it.

That's what makes the top players what they are, they always want that next achievement ours (the most influential in the squad) are happy to live off of that glory and count their money whilst doing just enough

That's what makes the top players what they are, they always want that next achievement ours (the most influential in the squad) are happy to live off of that glory and count their money whilst doing just enough
Same old same old. You have no ****ing idea at all that this is the case but of course it is very, very easy to assume this and make up total and utter bollocks. Maybe some of them would like the opportunity to showcase what they are good at. Do you think Jamie Vardy is resting on his laurels or is it more likely that he's as frustrated as us about being hung out to dry every week by a manager with no ****ing sense in his head who isolates him game after game? What about Simpson? Do you think he likes watching from the bench every week because he won the title so everything is hunky dory? How about Morgan? He's been one of our best and most consistent performers this year - Is this because he doesn't care too much any more after winning the league?

The manager has created an untenable situation for some players and I wouldn't blame any of them one bit if they wanted to jump ship. The players aren't the ones without any ambition or desire; when you have a manager who is so tactically inept he can't devise a plan to win against 10 man relegation fodder at home, telling you that you're not good enough to reach the 'big boys' what do you think they are going to feel? He's got the motivational skills of a sloth.

Same old same old. You have no ****ing idea at all that this is the case but of course it is very, very easy to assume this and make up total and utter bollocks. Maybe some of them would like the opportunity to showcase what they are good at. Do you think Jamie Vardy is resting on his laurels or is it more likely that he's as frustrated as us about being hung out to dry every week by a manager with no ****ing sense in his head who isolates him game after game? What about Simpson? Do you think he likes watching from the bench every week because he won the title so everything is hunky dory? How about Morgan? He's been one of our best and most consistent performers this year - Is this because he doesn't care too much any more after winning the league?

The manager has created an untenable situation for some players and I wouldn't blame any of them one bit if they wanted to jump ship. The players aren't the ones without any ambition or desire; when you have a manager who is so tactically inept he can't devise a plan to win against 10 man relegation fodder at home, telling you that you're not good enough to reach the 'big boys' what do you think they are going to feel? He's got the motivational skills of a sloth.

Perhaps it would help if, before accusing other people of having no ****ing idea and making assumptions, you stepped back a bit and considered what you were about to write.

Perhaps it would help if, before accusing other people of having no ****ing idea and making assumptions, you stepped back a bit and considered what you were about to write.
What are you on about now? It is very clear that nobody knows anything about the inner workings of the minds of the players. It is very clear that we have a manager incapable of devising a way to win at teams who sit back. Do you see? It's really not a difficult concept to wrestle with now, is it? One is made up rubbish based on heresay and nonsense and the other can be seen in factual form by looking at data and performance.

What are you on about now? It is very clear that nobody knows anything about the inner workings of the minds of the players. It is very clear that we have a manager incapable of devising a way to win at teams who sit back. Do you see? It's really not a difficult concept to wrestle with now, is it? One is made up rubbish based on heresay and nonsense and the other can be seen in factual form by looking at data and performance.

Someone's a little cranky.

What the feck has that got to do with anything? Man U are entitled to sack a defensively minded manager because they have a tradition of free flowing attacking football whereas Leicester City aren't because they don't is about as defeatist as it gets. Like saying Man United are entitled to winning the title because they've won it 14/15/16/17 times before and Leicester City aren't because they are a small club that never won it before. We have never been renowned for hard work and graft - we just were under Ranieri that one year.

What the feck has that got to do with anything? Man U are entitled to sack a defensively minded manager because they have a tradition of free flowing attacking football whereas Leicester City aren't because they don't is about as defeatist as it gets. Like saying Man United are entitled to winning the title because they've won it 14/15/16/17 times before and Leicester City aren't because they are a small club that never won it before. We have never been renowned for hard work and graft - we just were under Ranieri that one year.

No, not know for it at all, apart from the club's moto - foxes never quit.

During our last 'successful' period under O'Neill, we were hardly renown for our flair, skill and quality of football - we were a team full of 'bastard' type players and scored a lot of our goals from set plays, corners etc.

Are people seriously trying to suggest we have as much chance as Man Utd of winning the league? Even if you discounted history and wealth etc and just considering the teams as they are now, they are way ahead of us. That's not defeatist or negative but realistic.

Are people seriously trying to suggest we have as much chance as Man Utd of winning the league? Even if you discounted history and wealth etc and just considering the teams as they are now, they are way ahead of us. That's not defeatist or negative but realistic.

Way ahead of us in terms of mentality as well.

If the only thing that sets us apart is our desire and mentality, then sure to **** we need a manager who actually understands that?

Maybe it's not about being in the top six but about being well clear of the rest below that, which Leicester should be if the home results were what you expect as a supporter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263