Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded winter 2020/21 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He won't last there, they are the most fickle fans in football and can you imagine Mourinho having any patience with him.

I can see it appealing to him. I can’t see why we’d let him go in January, though, as we’d not get much of a fee and might as well hold on to him until the summer, even if he can leave on a free then.

At this stage of his career a bumper pay day would be attractive, add to that, if we keep Soyunchu and Fofana he could see his role here declining next season, a view perhaps encouraged by the fact we didn't rush to offer him a new contract.

For the record I think he is vital to our defense, and his organisation makes the others look good, and I definitely want him to stay, but I can see the attraction from his point of view.

A great opportunity to have Gollums pants down again, think we did very well last time we sold them a CB. Man U aren't renowned for getting a bargain, They have the negotiation skills of the Trotters from only fools and horses.

Jonny Evans has been well below his best this season so far. He had practically no preseason for reasons that have not been made clear. He has been overused by his international side too. There was also the mysterious absence from his international side at the start of the season for 'personal reasons'.

After he joined us in Summer 2018, he was dreadful in his first few appearances but then got into his playing rythmn and was exceptional for 18 months. Since the restart in June, he's not been the same player.

In his last nine PL appearances for us, he has picked up seven yellow cards and one red card. For a player like Evans, that is such a strong indictor that he is struggling. When he is at his best, he cruises through matches without the need to make challenges. But over the last few months, he doesn't look fit and he doesn't look comfortable.

He's 33 in January and is a player with a very long injury record. I'd be in favour of extending his contract only if he quits international football. Like Vardy, he has to rest his body to sustain his career and he doesn't appear to accept this. If he continues to play for N.Ireland, whoever he plays for from 21/22 will get a liability rather than a quality player.

He's 33 in January and is a player with a very long injury record. I'd be in favour of extending his contract only if he quits international football.
Blow that. It would be far more fun to let him go to Old Trafford. Theatre of Dreams my arse!

It’s not like us to leave a contract unsigned like this.

I’ve been saying for a while that I think he’s on his way after this season.

If he does go we are going to need at least two CB’s this summer.

Losing Evans, Wes and Fuchs would be a challenge.

It’s also noteworthy that Soyuncu’s contract is whittling away too. We need him tied down.

Get Soyuncu and Amartey fit then with big Wes and little Wes we have 4 CB's and Fuchs if needed, let Evans go to Mank it's not like he would improve them much, if we got champions league football next season I'd go all out for Ben White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263